Purolator Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Yes. Why did they even bother chaning the name ?
upsell, upsell, upsell.

"Typically, we find that customers who aren't going to keep their cars for more than a year will go for our Classic model. But we strongly recommend using the PureOne for any car that you want to last more than 75,000 miles."

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
upsell, upsell, upsell.

"Typically, we find that customers who aren't going to keep their cars for more than a year will go for our Classic model. But we strongly recommend using the PureOne for any car that you want to last more than 75,000 miles."
Yeah, right and what about all the cars that use whatever, cheap econo filter from the quick lubes, Purolator didnt really put that up. I have always used the Classics/Premium Plus and had zero problems, they meet the new car specifications(exceed Motorcrafts) so why would any car require Pureones or boost the life of it. Although Pureones may trap finer particles, I would guess the difference in wear to be as minute as weather you used 5w30 or 5w20. A difference, hardly measurable.

Yep...it's all about "marketing".

As long as the standard filter is of good quality I would never even consider a "premium" product in a line up.

Last edited:
Several years ago, I spoke on the phone with a Purolator engineer and asked about the differences between the PuroPremPlus & PureOne filters. The way he explained it to me was: They both trap between 10-20 microns but, the P1 traps more(20% more) of those 10-20 micron particles than does the PPP.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
upsell, upsell, upsell.

I have only used standard filters. Oh, OK, I have used a P1 and a FRAM Extended Guard on a couple of occasions(I can count on one hand how many "Better Filters" I have ever used) but, not as a rule and I keep my vehicles into their teens.

Also, if a filter such as a PureOne or any of the filters that trap more particals of dirt on it's first OCI application, why would anyone want to extend their use? I don't mean, extending them from 3000/4000 mile OCI to 6000/7000 mile OCI but, to extend them for another OCI. Wouldn't a person want to get rid of it? To me, it would seem that the standard filters would be the filters to extend for another OCI.

i dont care what they say the filter that filters a little less flows a little better..
I will take flow over slightly cleaner any day ...What about bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back