What Grade Oil,Motul 300v..?Part 2 VS Amsoil 20w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Help..
I Decided To Stick To 50 Grade Oil..Confirm..
For My Aprilia Dorsoduro..
As Manual State,& Of Course High Temp Region..
Thanx Everyone,For The Help,On My Previous Post..

SO,Went To Bike Shop,To Get The Motul 300v Factory Line 15w50..
Then,Sales Person Recommend Me,Amsoil 20w50 Advanced Motorcycle Oil MCV..
Saying Its Better,For My Vtwin Engine..
Im Not Sure,Is It Better,Or Its Their Marketing..
Any Reviews Between Them..
Motul 300v Are Way More Expensive,Den The Amsoil 20w50 Locally..
Price Not An Issue..

Thanx..

I would go with what the shop recommends, the Amsoil MCV. Although I'm not sure anyone could say that an oil was "better" than Motul, I'd say the Amsoil product was it's equal. Amsoil even mentions Aprilia in the description of this product.

================================================================

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Synthetic 20W-50 Motorcycle Oil is recommended for air or liquid cooled 4-stroke engines. It meets SAE 90, API GL-1 gear oil requirements and is recommended for transmissions and primary chaincases. AMSOIL MCV is recommended for Harley Davidson®, Buell®, KTM, Ducati®, Aprilia®, BMW®, Triumph® and other motorcycles where 15W-50 or 20W-50 engine oils or SAE 90, GL-1 gear oils are used. Not recommended where an API GL-4 or GL-5 gear oil is required.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcv.aspx

I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you whether one oil is "better" than the other. There's no way to know without testing it.

Never take a sales person's word for it, either. Most people don't know anything about oil, so they don't have enough information to say one oil is "better" than another. It might be because the oil is cheaper, or makes more money for the shop, or "felt" better according to some dubious story, etc.

Either the Amsoil or the Motul 300V should work well for you. I would prefer the Motul 300V, just because it has a stronger track record. However, Amsoil makes very good oils and I wouldn't feel bad about using their oil.

Mobil V-Twin 20W50 is another.

Shame you can't get some of Sunruh's tried and tested USA supermarket specials for 1/4 the price.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Both good oils. I'm just impressed you have a dealer in Singapore that sells Amsoil.

The dealer knows Pablo. MCV = good choice.

Originally Posted By: Craig750
Mobil V-Twin 20W50 is another.

Shame you can't get some of Sunruh's tried and tested USA supermarket specials for 1/4 the price.

Mobil 1 Vtwin 20w50 Is My 1st Choice..
Before Deciding The 300v & Amsoil MCV..
But Have Check Locally,Not Available..
Only Choice,Online Order..
Which Is Troblesome For A Long Period Of Time..

Both good oils. I'm just impressed you have a dealer in Singapore that sells Amsoil.

In Singapore There Are Numbers Of Dealers..
The Likes Of Maxima,Motul,Amsoil,Redline,Agip & Many More..

If the prices are about the same, pick one that's the easiest to get on short notice. Having to order a common item such as oil, isn't convenient,plus having to pay shipping cost seems like your being taken for a ride.,,

Originally Posted By: Pablo

The dealer knows Pablo. MCV = good choice.

Why am I not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back