Help with L14610 / PH7317 Sizing (Honda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember people say they put 7317 instead of 6607 for nissan application!
Anyone tried to put the "fat type" say PH3593A, instead of PH6607 for Nissan model?

FYI, the SuperTech ST7317 is not an Ecore design. It is a decent looking filter built by Champ Labs with a metal center tube and end caps, though it does have the dome end bypass you don't want. Also, in Fram you can go for the Extended Guard XG3593A, which is a really rugged filter that they say is good for 10,000 miles using synthetic oil. Extended Guards are good looking filters and the only Frams I would consider. There's also the Mobil 1 M1-110, which looks to be a well-built filter. The nice thing about SuperTech, Mobil 1, and Fram is that you can pick them up at WalMart.

Originally Posted By: Clarence_Iba
What's amazing about the 7317 size filter is that it also is used on Nissan's big 3.5L V6's....such a little filter for a big engine.

There is even smaller version - 6607 (shorter than 7317) on most nissan models!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
crackmeup2.gif
I'm sorry, but this just cracks me up. Man, just go to your local Honda dealer and buy a Honda filter. No matter what myths you might have heard or perceived there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Honda. I use them on both of my Hondas and do 10K oil changes with absolutely no problems. Do you really think they would sell an inferior filter to destroy their engines?

Hmmm, I guess we should forget about BITOG and just buy Honda motor oil four our Hondas, Hyundai oil for our Hyundais, etc., eh?

You've first just got to surrender to Honda Zen. Don't fret life ..don't spend a bit of mental anxiety over stuff ..especially your Honda. Just drive it and enjoy the true freedom that it can afford you.

Honda Zen. You can't put a price on true peace of mind.
55.gif

Amsoil Eao36

Equivilent to a Fram PH2849A

Used them on my son's 94 Accord EX since new, now appraching 300 k miles.

Just installed one on a 2010 civic Si 2.0 yesterday.

Bypass is within 1psi of stock filter psi.

Originally Posted By: Carzzz
Originally Posted By: Clarence_Iba
What's amazing about the 7317 size filter is that it also is used on Nissan's big 3.5L V6's....such a little filter for a big engine.

There is even smaller version - 6607 (shorter than 7317) on most nissan models!

The 7317 is used on my 5.6 Titan V-8. That filter is dinky! I am sure the almost 7 qt. sump helps though.

Dave

Can Honda's handle the slightly bigger gaskets? The 2.8/2.4 size??

51324 is massive. 51381 is bigger too.

I've run many Delco PF1127's on my 2003 Civic. It's the same sized as the older Honda filter and very well built...if you can find the non E-Core version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back