Best oil for a NEW 2010 Toyota Corolla!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RTexasF

During the 6 month interval I've put as little as 200 miles on my RAV4 but must go dump the oil to maintain warranty. Quite expensive were I using synthetic. It's wasteful with either but little choice due to warranty requirements.

I'm almost in the same boat as you with a vehicle I have under warranty. I ran about 2000 miles in 6 months, under near perfect driving conditions. I will buy oil and a filter, stick it in my stash, and mark my log as the oil was changed at 6 months, then run it another 6 months and change in December. I seriously doubt I'll have any problems in the rare event of an oil related issue. If I were you I'd consider doing the same instead of wasting good oil. Consider that or drain the oil into a clean container screen it and use it in a beater, or give it to someone who drives an oil burner/leaker. JMO

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
M1 for a toyota. We cant do better UOA or performance/use wise than M1.

not true one bit

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn

not true one bit

Crazy statement, but surely we can agree M1 would be a great oil. I used it for a lot of vehicles, including my motorcycles, and it works great. But I think this new Toyota oil I have might be even better for less money.

Webfors,

Congrats on the car! Where'd you buy it from - Tony Graham?

My family has bought two cars from there over the years, and I had my 1991 Corolla serviced there - very nice folks!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I would not use the Wix cartridge filters. Instead, buy a case of the genuine Toyota filters from eBay

I agree, nothing beats genuine Toyota filter at less than $5/ea shipped.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
PM sent.

Got it thanks! Excellent info!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I would not use the Wix cartridge filters. Instead, buy a case of the genuine Toyota filters from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUINE-T...=item4141c970e8

Also, doesn't your Corolla come with the 2/25k Toyota prepaid maintenance program promotion?

No maintenance program included. And I agree with using the Toyota OEM filters.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Webfors,

Congrats on the car! Where'd you buy it from - Tony Graham?

My family has bought two cars from there over the years, and I had my 1991 Corolla serviced there - very nice folks!

Thanks Man! Yes, Palladium Kanata is part of the Tony Graham auto group. The were excellent, professional and no pressure. I guess that's because it was me putting the pressure on
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn

not true one bit

Your opinion... fwiw.

My experience and UOAs and sustained use at now up to 220k is good enough for me to say that we can't do better than it.

Why not provide some good evidence to the contrary. I have mine. Four word responses arent necessarily the best way to transfer knowledge. :)

Pablo, I would have been offended too if I were in his shoes. It's quite harsh to say someone is bring a forum down. I mean no offense and consider you a forum friend.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Pretty sad when mods repeat myths.

Site sponsors with vested financial interests in promoting less well known oils repeating myths is perfectly OK, of course. ;-)

I use Toyota's branded oil in my Toyota, but have noted that M1 UOA's look notably good for my Toyota 1nx-fe engine. To the extent that I think that UOA's actually mean anything, of course.

Uh oh... M1 tries to take control of another thread. M1 lovers and haters: Give it a rest already! Honestly, all the negative trending M1 threads are just plain annoying IMHO.

Back on topic! I pick the car up tomorrow! My wife won't let me be the person to drive it home from the dealer. I guess that's fair since it's her car
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
Uh oh... M1 tries to take control of another thread. M1 lovers and haters: Give it a rest already!

You started another "What is the best oil?" thread against forum recommendations. What did you expect? At any rate, you asked for opinions on what is the best oil for your Toyota and were told that M1 has notably good UOA's with Toyota engines. If you didn't want the information then why did you ask? And why did you direct your reply at me when I said that I use Toyota's product in my Toyota?

Got the recommendation! It's all the extra lady drama that goes on after anyone whispers the characters "M1". Good product? Of course! Will I use it? Maybe!

And if you missed it the original thread posting was in 'jest'. Loosen up the drawstrings a little people
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
And if you missed it the original thread posting was in 'jest'. Loosen up the drawstrings a little people
grin2.gif

With all due respect, your original posting was a straightforward request for recommendations which happened to include a bit of humor. And you've gotten mostly straightforward replies containing relevant information.

I don't see the problem.

Pretty much anything you use that meets Toyota's recommendations will work very well.

Respect received and appreciated. However, if you look again at my original posting you'll find just 1 question mark, meaning only 1 question was posted and it was related to break in opinions. After 3 whole months on this board you should be able to decipher punctuation. Only newbies wouldn't get the fun I was having with this thread. Welcome to bitog sbergman27!
thumbsup2.gif

I agree that any oil will do. I've been here for almost 4 years and have read thousands of threads and UOA reports and in that time I've learned that it matters very little what type, or even viscosity, of oil used in 90% of passenger vehicles, the Corolla being one of them. Regular maintenance is most important.

Dealer just called and asked me to pick up the car today instead of tomorrow (something about meeting their quota for May). So I called my wife and she is giddy with excitement! It's her "first" car with her name on it.. I guess using my car for 80% of it's use the past 2 years didn't qualify as "hers"
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back