Stupid grease question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fitting is actually called a hydraulic fitting and commonly called a zerk fitting. There are other grease fittings of different configurations, but they look a lot different.

The grease gun has a hydraulic coupler, so it'll fit the fitting just right. There are better quality hydraulic couplers as well as ones with skinnier O.D. for tight spots. As always, push the coupler straight on the zerk fitting, pump your grease, and tip it to the side to remove.

Ken2, I bought a 12" flexible ext. for a 14 oz. grese gun. It is very hard to remove from the fitting. Just tipping it to the side and pulling doesn't work. I sometimes have to use two screwdrivers to pry it off. I feel like I am going to pull out the grease fitting. Any ideas for a fix. Any suggestions for a better 12" flex.ext. ?

Originally Posted By: Jim Spahr
Ken2, I bought a 12" flexible ext. for a 14 oz. grese gun. It is very hard to remove from the fitting. Just tipping it to the side and pulling doesn't work. I sometimes have to use two screwdrivers to pry it off. I feel like I am going to pull out the grease fitting. Any ideas for a fix. Any suggestions for a better 12" flex.ext. ?

If you look at the grease gun tip closely, the body should be two pieces. Turn the piece closest to the zerk coupler about half a turn counter-clockwise (starting point, adjust as needed). This should loosen the coupler and allow you to remove the tip from the grease fittings with less force.

COOL, another Roto-Joint control arm user!!
thumbsup2.gif

One word of caution that I hope UMI mentioned to you;

DO NOT OVERPACK the Roto-Joints with grease!!!

You can blow out the seals/adjuster rings!

Like the instructions say, 3 pumps of grease from the gun MAX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back