New Subaru Loyalty Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered it for my first Subaru, which is my current 06 Legacy. I won't put it on my car as it is a bit tacky and don't like anything on my car.

What was interesting when ordering was when I saw this symbol
LGBT.png

With LGBT underneath. Did not know what it meant. Then when I Googled it, I then knew what that symbol was and what it stood for.

I don't get what the big fuss is over. Drive a car because you like it, but don't avoid it just because of others' perceptions.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I don't get what the big fuss is over. Drive a car because you like it, but don't avoid it just because of others' perceptions.

+1
thumbsup2.gif
don't be a hater, embrace the Subaru niche brand

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Sigh... Another reason why I don't like owning a Subaru.

"lifestyle icon"..
smirk2.gif
How about just leaving me alone to own a Subaru without being put into a "class"? Between the "love"
37.gif
and garbage like this is enough to make me wish I owned another brand at times.

Bill

Seems to be a niche just as nutty as Volkswagen owners. Hey, I hate all wheel drive, so it's not for me
wink.gif

i wouldnt buy another subaru if they were the last car co on earth. they refuse to admit there flaws in the phase 2 engines the 2.5 . mine went tru 3 head gaskets -2 cyl heads and 3 radiators while still under warranty! beware! look on the internet for subaru head gasket failurs-they is no shortage of horror stories

Originally Posted By: css9450
I was looking for one for "alcoholic". Perhaps a beer bottle and a martini glass?

Nice! I like it!

Not my cup of tea and I would not be caught dead with one of those on my two Subaru's.

I will say Subaru has incredible brand loyalty for their niche products and a good idea for some of them to maintain it.

I love my 2004 WRX wagon, not only a hoot to drive but incredible reliability.

Originally Posted By: super20dan
i wouldnt buy another subaru if they were the last car co on earth. they refuse to admit there flaws in the phase 2 engines the 2.5 . mine went tru 3 head gaskets -2 cyl heads and 3 radiators while still under warranty! beware! look on the internet for subaru head gasket failurs-they is no shortage of horror stories

I have read countless threads on various Subaru forums where the gasket fails at 100k+ miles and some a low as 30k. Many of the owners suffering from this unfortunate mishap have contacted Subaru and in many cases Subaru will pay for half of the repair cost when the car is out of warranty and completely under warranty. I have heard some people that are lucky enough to get Subaru to cover the entire cost and it included a timing belt. They are well aware of the issue. It relates to the use of Open Deck 2.5L naturally aspirated engines. The 2.5L turbo model is a closed deck engine, so it rarely if ever has this same type of problem.

The new 2010 Legacy and Outback naturally aspirated models are using a new Semi-Open deck engine. We'll have to see how that goes.

Cadillac used to have a gold colored badge that the put in the grill of a "loyal owners" car.

I forget what it was, but I think you got an extra star for every cadillac that you bought.

The old guy across the street from my fathers house proudly told me about it on his 90's caddy.

Seems cheesy, but old men like it.

Originally Posted By: Marukai
super20dan said:
The new 2010 Legacy and Outback naturally aspirated models are using a new Semi-Open deck engine. We'll have to see how that goes.

Interestingly enough the EJ20(Subaru WRX) motor is open deck. Head gasket issues are rare.

there should have been a national recall program and subaru should have REPLACED every one of these engines as repairs are futile. mine was repared 3 times! and it was leaking again when i traded it in (at a huge loss) mine had 87 k on the clock

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
But not as elitest (& snooty, uppity, snobbish, 'restricted country-clubbish' etc.) as a certain brand's TV ads, especially the announcer's tone.

You know, the one that claims to be "perfection" (or at least supposedly "pursuing" such).
lol.gif

There is a difference between buying a car that claims to be snooty (and possibly buying it for other reasons) and proclaiming you are snooty with a badge of ownership.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Another reason I won't ever own a Subaru. Lifestyle...
frown.gif
Who cares.

According to Subaru commercials, buying one helps you achieve some sort of moral superiority. I guess this badge is confirmation of how many levels of moral superiority you have achieved...

Amen to that. Between their love commercials and now this I am quite certain that I will never own a Subaru.

Anyone see the South Park (I didn't, just heard about it) where hybrid cars are found to be producing no smog but copious amounts of "smug"? I think Subarus could be lumped into the "smug emitting" group.

Clark

Whatever happened to those little 100,000 mile badges you used to see on Mercedes grilles? Those were pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back