New Subaru Loyalty Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across this on Impreza forums and thought I would post it here. It looks as if Subaru is implementing a way of showing your loyalty to everyone. I think the badges look cook.

BadgeVisuals.jpg

Here's the official site. www.badgeofownership.com

I'll admit, it's a cute idea. Subaru has really been pushing their brand as a lifestyle choice for a while now in almost all their advertising campaigns (brotherhood of Sti, mu Subaru saved my life, etc).

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
"Your choice of lifestyle icon". How special... I hope there will be one for "overworked, underpaid stiff trying to get to job he hopes is still there".

I like!

Good call Subaru. Now if there were a car of yours I'd buy...

Sigh... Another reason why I don't like owning a Subaru.

"lifestyle icon"..
smirk2.gif
How about just leaving me alone to own a Subaru without being put into a "class"? Between the "love"
37.gif
and garbage like this is enough to make me wish I owned another brand at times.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Between the "love"...
37.gif

I'm with you Bill, I absolutely HATE their "love" themed ads and most of their other advertising. It must just be me because their stuff is apparently selling well lately. I do think their vehicles are VERY good though.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
"Your choice of lifestyle icon". How special... I hope there will be one for "overworked, underpaid stiff trying to get to job he hopes is still there".

office.jpg

I'm suprised Toyta didn't come up with this first - lots more repeat Toyota customers than Subaru.

I agree its a bit 'chintzy', but Bill.....you gotta lighten up a bit! Subaru is trying something new and creative, that is what marketing is about...and you act like it's an attack on you!

That kinda strees ain't worth it these days...it's a badge for crying out loud!!!

I ordered one. The website didn't recognized the vin for my '86 GL but it took the vin for the '93 Loyale no problem! Guess they don't keep records for 24 year old cars...

I have no brand loyalty, so I'd probably just peal it off if the dealer put it on w/out permission. I also absolutely hate the idea of putting any kind of extra decals or advertisements on my car. The world doesn't need to know that I like to bike, the school my kids go to (or their names), my politics, my favorite radio station or even the dealer I bought the car from.

Originally Posted By: kb01
I have no brand loyalty, so I'd probably just peal it off if the dealer put it on w/out permission. I also absolutely hate the idea of putting any kind of extra decals or advertisements on my car. The world doesn't need to know that I like to bike, the school my kids go to (or their names), my politics, my favorite radio station or even the dealer I bought the car from.

ya know, I'd never put stuff like this on a newer car, but the old models just don't look right without bumper stickers and other junk on the tailgate!

I laughed loud enough to be heard across the office when I saw those. Reminds me of the "My First Sony" stereo for kids.

Where is the badge for "too much spare time"?

Jesus, GM would not be able to make a badge big enough for me.
27.gif

Another reason I won't ever own a Subaru. Lifestyle...
frown.gif
Who cares.

Originally Posted By: kb01

I hear ya. I don't take my car to the dealer that much, but anytime I do they always put their stupid plastic license plate frames on my car. I was severely ticked off the first time it happend, now I just laugh because I've gone through like 8 of their plates.

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
Yes,it's a bit elitest.

But not as elitest (& snooty, uppity, snobbish, 'restricted country-clubbish' etc.) as a certain brand's TV ads, especially the announcer's tone.

You know, the one that claims to be "perfection" (or at least supposedly "pursuing" such).
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Another reason I won't ever own a Subaru. Lifestyle...
frown.gif
Who cares.

According to Subaru commercials, buying one helps you achieve some sort of moral superiority. I guess this badge is confirmation of how many levels of moral superiority you have achieved.

I guess the lifestyle appeal works for some people, but I find it to be kind of arrogant and stuck up. Believe it or not, it nearly kept my sister and BIL from buying one. They needed an AWD wagon because of kids and where they live. From a mechanical/design standpoint, and dealer location, an Impreza was the best choice. They looked long and hard for a better alternative specifically because they didn't want to be part of the "Subaru lifestyle" (it's a sickness in VT where they live), but decided to give in an get one. I think I'm going to send this to my sister to tease her a little...if it were up to her the car wouldn't have ANY Subaru badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back