Post your latest small engine oil change

lol.gif
. Nothing like having a starter rope break as you pull that sends you for a loop .
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: Zedhed
Honda GVC160 engine, change it once a year with WM straight 30 non-detergent oil like the manual says. No wasting money using 0w-40 GC or RL in a mower.....

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
How old is your owner's manual? I thought recommendations for non-detergent oil went out 40 years ago, and I thought Honda recommended 10W30.

No kidding, how old is that? I just purchased a push mower with the GCV160 (not GVC160) and it recommends 10w30 for most temperatures.

OK, I dropped the oil, 2 hrs total on new machine 5 yrs old. The nubs are still on the tread patch. It would have been better if I had tube to put on the easy drain. So all was good til' it got low nd dribbled all over the place. The drain filled a coffee can up to the last rib before the rim. over 2 qt. Mystic 10w30 blend QS-3600 Fresh.

Last edited:
just drained the new BOLENS riding mower with B&S 13.5 H.P. and refilled with PYB HD 30 . Plan to use it for 3 runs and then repalce with PENNZOIL Platinum 10w-30 . Did overfill it about 4 ounces . Any reason to be concerned ? Thanks

Last edited:
The one time I overfilled a lawnmower engine it ran rough, and oil started ooozing out the air filter....No need to overfill a small engine.
Originally Posted By: odie
just drained the new BOLENS riding mower with B&S 13.5 H.P. and refilled with PYB HD 30 . Plan to use it for 3 runs and then repalce with PENNZOIL Platinum 10w-30 . Did overfill it about 4 ounces . Any reason to be concerned ? Thanks

I just checked out some Supertech diesel 15w40's....the "premium" jug is CJ/SM, the cheaper diesel is $9 a jug her in Canada and CH/SL rated.
Guess which one I will be running this summer in my OPE's...

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
The one time I overfilled a lawnmower engine it ran rough, and oil started ooozing out the air filter....No need to overfill a small engine.
Originally Posted By: odie
was a mistake . Not intentional .

2007 Toro Recycler Walk Behind
6.5 Tecumseh
Took out the black goo thats been in there for 3years and replaced it with Amsoil SSO 30w.

Kawasaki 15HP commercial V-Twin.
Rotella 5W-40 and pure one filter

Kohler command pro 25HP commercial V-Twin
Rotella 5W-40 and pure one filter

Mitsubishi 6 h.p. pressure washer engine. .6 liter 10W30 Havoline because that's all I had.

5 h.p. Chonda engine on a friend's Boliy inverter generator. .6 liter Castrol straight SAE30 HDEO.

- Honda GC powered pressure washer...Valvoline 5W30 and 10W30 mix (leftovers from roommate's Civic)
- Tecumseh powered tiller...Peak 30.
- Briggs & Stratton l-head powered mower...Peak 30

Back