Bosch Distance Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used an angle grinder, so not the neatest. Had a very heavy and thick base plate and housing....

DSC01220.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

DSC01223.jpg

Last edited:
Nice filter! I really like the packaging on it too, very sharp. I would pick one up if I did a long Synpower or Amsoil XL run, if I wasn't worried it would cause ticking like it seems the PureONE is doing.

Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
How different is this than Bosch Premium oil filter?

Different media from what I understand... the Distance Plus is made for longer intervals and has a higher holding capacity.

I will understand if it is more durable-long lasting.But the regular Bosch Premium filter is 99.9% efficient according to the box. Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
I will understand if it is more durable-long lasting.But the regular Bosch Premium filter is 99.9% efficient according to the box. Thanks for the reply.

Since they both claim 99.9%, then perhaps the only real difference is the amount of dirt capacity of the Distance Plus. For 7,500 miles and under, the Premium might be a better choice cost wise.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Since they both claim 99.9%, then perhaps the only real difference is the amount of dirt capacity of the Distance Plus. For 7,500 miles and under, the Premium might be a better choice cost wise.

Seems like it. It is a thicker media, but appears to filter dirty oil about as well in a quicky one-shot test.
Good filter...kind of pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back