Danica in F1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Speed already washed out of F1. I can not imagine Danica has the talent. No Indy car driver has ever succeeded moving to F1. If she were ugly, there would be none of these threads. She makes me wanna puke. A celebrity chick. Just because everyone wants to bend her over a bar stool does not make her a talent behind the wheel. The only woman I know who could handle a race car was Michelle Mouton.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus2010
Scott Speed already washed out of F1. I can not imagine Danica has the talent. No Indy car driver has ever succeeded moving to F1. If she were ugly, there would be none of these threads. She makes me wanna puke. A celebrity chick. Just because everyone wants to bend her over a bar stool does not make her a talent behind the wheel. The only woman I know who could handle a race car was Michelle Mouton.

Jacque Villeneuve seemed to do OK in F1... In the beginning atleast, 2nd his first year then world champion in his second year. I wouldn't call Montoya an F1 failure either, he did pretty good given the teams he was with.
I agree though that Danica will never get to F1, although a test with a backmarker team might happen. I doubt though she'll be able to come close to their regular test driver and that will be it. She can go back to NASCAR and drive good cars half decent to midpack finishes. Make her millions for a few years and then call it a day.

While she certainly doesn't seem to have what it takes to get into F1, she still might find herself there. Unfortunately, as advertising funds get tighter, someone who can approach a back-of-the-pack team with a financial package just might get a ride. She's definitely branded herself to the US/Canadian market and just might be able to bring a group of sponsors with her to F1. Hope it doesn't happen, but, as we all know, in auto racing those sponsorship decals are what it's all about. Makes the "old days" of team paint schemes on the cars seem pre-historic.
JMO
Bill.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: Steve S
She is nicer to look at than any of the guy racers At least to me.

...and they know that. $$$

Which is the main reason why any of us know her name.

Anyone one who believes its "easy" to drive a car fast around an oval is a moron. Also, anyone who thinks its fun to drive a 3-turn track in circles for hours is also a moron.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus2010
The only woman I know who could handle a race car was Michelle Mouton.

Well, a rally car at least.
wink.gif

(Did she ever try/compete in any F3/Formula 3000, or any open wheel rides??)

I saw her whining yesterday. My problem with her is that because she is so marketable and probably carries some good sponsorships on her back, she is taking a good seat from someone else (male or female) who might better deserve it.
I think the difference between Danica and the really great drivers is this: They both have top-notch driving skills, but in addition to that, the top drivers have the ability to gather their engineers and explain exactly what the car is or isn't doing and possibly how to fix it. Nascar time for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back