Is royal purple really best oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm driving 2004 Nissan maxima vq35de engine.

I'm paying $7.99 a quarts plus filter $13.

Anybody know who car redline oil in local town?. I live in Memphis,tn but I look around couldn't found one that why I had to go with rp oil.

Originally Posted By: Marukai
Originally Posted By: Rohan
I mean some people say they not n they are over priced.

I mean do they peform better than PP,PU,MEP,Redline,Enos,n Amsoil oils?

I wanna best pEformance n best wear.

Forget the Royal Purple. Get Eneos from Amazon for the same price. It's a better oil.

Dare I ask for your reasoning behind this claim?

If you're going to go with Royal Purple, seriously dude, don't worry. It's a great oil. I would definitely recommend their 0w40 SAE. You can pick it up at O'Reilly's right now on sale with a K&N filter for $39.99

I think I heard it was the 0w40 that was PAO. I don't think for instance the 5w30 is. I don't know how they know... they probably don't for sure. It's just what I heard, the 0w40 SAE was a PAO based formula and the XPR oil's are Group V.

Royal purple tech tld me to used either 10w40 or 5w30 XPR oil a month ago but at my local shop XPR oil is $17 a quarts so I went n grabs 10w40 rp oil with k&n oil filter for $40+tax.

So u saying 10w40 redline oil is better than 10w40 royal purple?
If I want xpr oil then 10w40 rp xpr oil better than 10w40 redline?

Correct me if I'm wrong? Idk alot bout oil.

Well, I don't think you'll listen to me, but here goes.

I don't think you need royal purple, amsoil, red line, or any other botique oil. "Regular" synthetics like Mobil 1, pennzoil platinum, valvoline synpower are all very, very good oils. Don't be fooled into thinking that the only good synthetics are the expensive synthetics.

The only other .02 I'll throw in is that I'm not too fond of royal purple, and if you want to spend the cash, red line and amsoil are much better choices in my opinion.

I think it is probably decent oil, is it worth $8 a qt when you can buy name brand manufacture synthetic on sale, closeouts and rebates for about 1/3 the price. NO, I think it is insane, but I also think its insane to buy the purple filter to match for $15. Just my opinion. I mean really, how much longer do you really think the car/truck is going to last to warrant that much more money for oil?

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: BobFout
RP is Group IV and V...

...and Group I.

Additive carrier?

Yeah

Where can I buy redline 10w40 oil from online? I look at redline site they like $10 a quarts?

I can get rp oil at my local shop for 7.99 a quarts.

What u think about 10w40 Amsoil oil?

RP is great oil. but so are the others that are mentioned.

if it were reasonably priced and easily available locally i would only use RP.

Originally Posted By: shpankey
I think I heard it was the 0w40 that was PAO. I don't think for instance the 5w30 is. I don't know how they know... they probably don't for sure. It's just what I heard, the 0w40 SAE was a PAO based formula and the XPR oil's are Group V.

RP told me that all of their street oils have the same formulation,and are all PAO based. Isn`t RP one of the cheapest PAO based oils?

Last edited:
Call me skeptical. Is this the same RP tech that claimed more HP?

A few oem approvals might convince me it's on par with M1 0w-40, GC and other 5w-40s.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Call me skeptical. Is this the same RP tech that claimed more HP?

A few oem approvals might convince me it's on par with M1 0w-40, GC and other 5w-40s.

Why not email RP YOURSELF to find out information that your looking for.

RP street oils are ALL PAO based. Multiple people have contacted them and been told this who have posted here on the forums. They would not tell people this if it were untrue. Some people disbelieve just because they hate the product.

Last edited:
I asked how YOU know.

All you have is some anonymous tech on the phone. Ok. (?)

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Some people disbelieve.

lol, I'm a ~disbeliever~. I'm supposed to believe you if you said you walked on water too?

Apparently there's a lot of "believing" involved with Royal Purple.

Do you believe it increases HP too, because that's their claim. At least that one's in writing.

See I KNOW GC is PAO based because it went through lab analysis.

http://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=718643#Post718643

See the difference, a trusted independent lab verses a sales rep on the phone....whom you ~believe~.

It also meets the toughest approval test sequences in the world, there's something to believe in. Can't say that about RP, can you?

Let me know when you get something with merit to back-up your "belief".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back