That's sad.

But oh so true.....

Originally Posted By: Zedhed
Originally Posted By: bigbird_1
Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
It depends on what you want to be seen on

That's sad.

But oh so true.....

Only if you are trying to make up for something perhaps. Personally when gas was 4 bucks a gallon here and my bike paid for itself, I rode pretty tall. All the people that made fun of festivas and Metro's were all of a sudden wishing they had one as well instead of their ultra cool SUV or Hummer.

Small bikes are good learning ones or cheap commuters if you want to save cash.

Robenstein:

That was my point, many cycle owners only ride a certain brand because that is what they want to be seen on. They don't ride a bike to save money, or because that bike handles better, or costs less, or any other logical reason. They bought their bike because that is what their peers said to buy or they want to be seen on it or say that they own one.

Just don't fall for the "that's too much bike for me" stuff in terms of engine size and power. You can always choose not to use power but if you don't have it...

In terms of weight and dimensions, get on the bike. My VTX is 650-700lbs but it handles great. I had a CBR before this that was half the weight but I still love the VTX. It's all about how well balanced the bike is and how it rides. Numbers on a piece of paper mean very little.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
If weight is a big factor to you then I would stick to one of the 250s. The new Suzuki TU250 is really sweet, but probably not many on the used market yet. The Honda Rebel 250 has a big following and is nearly bullet proof. Don't let everybody tell you that 250s are too small. Personally, I think it is more fun to get the most out of a smaller cycle than it is to just twist your wrist on something with a big engine. A 250 is capable of taking you wherever you want to go.

BINGO!!!

Beginnerbikers.org is a great resource. Best Beginner Motorcycles is another good reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back