Need grease that is silver or clear and can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
be used on a project. Basically I need it to keep lubricated a square tube with a slightly smaller type inside. Much like a piston to the block. This square setup must be impervious to water and normal outside temperatures. But remain liquid enough to provide decent lubrication. It must not harm paint. It has to be smeared on the parts and left to do its job no constant oil bathing or drip. I have tried plain medical grade petroleum jelly but it seems to gum up the system. It works well for a while then it gets gummy.
BTW the piston type action is very slow (6"/30 sec.) and it run at an absolute of 1 time per hour.
Any suggestions on what to use or seek out?

I've got a silver looking anti-sieze compound that looks like chrome (Al) paint.

It's not clothing friendly.

Thanks, I will be trying out a number of these.
Any idea why the petroleum jelly failed?

It was great when it put it on but now seems to have lost all of its ability to lubricate.

Basically are we just looking for silicone grease? Or am I under thinking this?
I'm thinking of a 100% silicone plumbers grease?

Originally Posted By: v194
Basically are we just looking for silicone grease? Or am I under thinking this?
I'm thinking of a 100% silicone plumbers grease?

I was thinking the same thing...

Clear, heat and water resistant. Doesn't dry and lasts seemingly forever. Great for slow moving mechanisms.

Mystik makes a multi-purpose grease that looks like petroleum jelly, not sure what the grease is called...but it comes in a black and green tube.

I was thinking of the Super Lube. My Brother in law uses it in the manufacturing of ROVs. I worked there for a while and we used it on all kinds of things. But mostly for O-rings that would be exposed to water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back