Ethanol Fuel Economy Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
A three vehicle ethanol fuel economy test, LOL. Impressive.

Maybe I should volunteer my '89 Olds to the cause. I'd like to see their numbers, then!

Well. if its so Great, lets lift the mandates and subsidies off of it, if its a superior product and the consumers want it, then they will pay what it "really" costs to make.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Well. if its so Great, lets lift the mandates and subsidies off of it, if its a superior product and the consumers want it, then they will pay what it "really" costs to make.

I play in the Ethanold industry and get all the propoganda and trade mags. The running threads in the trade mags are:

Need to pressure politicians to prevent cheap communist Brazilian ethanol coming to the USA.

Need to pressure elected officials to force a E15 mandate, despite auto & small engine OEMs and gas station equip mfgs screaming this is a horrible idea. Gas stations face major liabilities with E10 due to potential for fires (leaks) and customer engine damage (depending on states). A station could loose its liability insurance if running E15 thru pumps only approved for E10 - get this - the lobby wants the government (i.e. US)to accept this liability - ignoring the fact that such a change could result consumer problems and potential for station pump leaks and fires.

Need to pressure congress to maintain ethanol subsidies.

Then if space allows, some good articles on yeast development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back