Traveller Moly Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at TSC looking for some chain and cable lube today and say a few cartridges of Traveller Moly grease. It's a lithium-based grease but that was about all the info I was able to find out about it. Info I found online its been around for a few years but it was the first time I'd seen it at the local TSC. Has anyone used it? Anyone know what the moly content is?

Originally Posted By: sdan27
I was at TSC looking for some chain and cable lube today and say a few cartridges of Traveller Moly grease. It's a lithium-based grease but that was about all the info I was able to find out about it. Info I found online its been around for a few years but it was the first time I'd seen it at the local TSC. Has anyone used it? Anyone know what the moly content is?

I do believe it's 3%,but being a lithium base grease thats not good enough for me for a moly fortified grease,if you going to use a moly grease thats intended for high wear items like pins and bush you need a better base like aluminum complex or calcium-sulfonate complex something thats going to hold up better in water wash out pound out,chassis lube conditions,lithium will actually mix with water the other two will not.

if you want a really good moly fortified grease look at Schaeffer's #238 or Amsoils Off-Road Grease that will have 5% moly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back