Quaker State Full Synth 5w30 in Lexus GS350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've been running QS full synth 5w30 in my 30k 2007 Lexus GS350 for about 3 months and have driven about 4000 miles. My mechanic recommended my oci at 7500 miles.

My driving is 75% freeway and largely consists of 45 mile trips. I do hit 80+ mph for say half of those 45 miles, but with this engine, the revs don't seem to ever exceed 3000 rpm. It will be getting hotter in the months ahead in CA. July & August should see some days above 100f.

Just wondering whether 7500 is a safe interval given my circumstances. Also, any thoughts on what should go into my next fill for those of you with a similar car / engine.

Thanks!

Last edited:
No issue with your RPMs. I hit 3.5k RPM when I go 80.

I like what your mechanic recommends for any syn oil.

Originally Posted By: rjacket
Hi all,

I've been running QS full synth 5w30 in my 30k 2007 Lexus GS350 for about 3 months and have driven about 4000 miles. My mechanic recommended my oci at 7500 miles.

My driving is 75% freeway and largely consists of 45 mile trips. I do hit 80+ mph for say half of those 45 miles, but with this engine, the revs don't seem to ever exceed 3000 rpm. It will be getting hotter in the months ahead in CA. July & August should see some days above 100f.

Just wondering whether 7500 is a safe interval given my circumstances. Also, any thoughts on what should go into my next fill for those of you with a similar car / engine.

Thanks!

First of all
welcome2.gif

I'd run the QS syn a full 7500 miles without worry. You have a well built engine, put enough miles on it to burn off some of the byproducts, take it for long trips of 45 miles and have 75% HWY use.(BTW THANK YOU for all that INFO! It makes it so much easier to know what to suggest)
cheers3.gif

If you like how the oil is performing stick with it. Can't beat the price and it will do as well as ANYTHING else in your vehicle.

Take care, Bill

PS: Don't worry about temps above a 100 degrees. IF your cooling system is okay (it is) then the engine will be fine at 100 degrees as it is at 70 degrees. 100 is better than 0 for the engine.

I thought for warranty Toyota recommends 5000 miles or 6 months? Unless its changed.

In my dads 2007 Lexus ES 350, I used QS horsepower 5w30 and as expected, no problems so far with 25,000 miles

quaker state full syn is a good oil? i thought i read somewhere its terrible? what would you guys put it next to in comparison?

Originally Posted By: rjacket
Hi all,

Thanks!

Your 45 mile trips with 75% freeway is very easy on oil, QS full syn will have no problem to 10-12k miles. 7.5k miles OCI is a piece of cake for any synthetic oil with your driving.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

First of all
welcome2.gif

I'd run the QS syn a full 7500 miles without worry. You have a well built engine, put enough miles on it to burn off some of the byproducts, take it for long trips of 45 miles and have 75% HWY use.(BTW THANK YOU for all that INFO! It makes it so much easier to know what to suggest)
cheers3.gif

If you like how the oil is performing stick with it. Can't beat the price and it will do as well as ANYTHING else in your vehicle.

Take care, Bill

PS: Don't worry about temps above a 100 degrees. IF your cooling system is okay (it is) then the engine will be fine at 100 degrees as it is at 70 degrees. 100 is better than 0 for the engine.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice! Much appreciated. One other question that you may be able to answer. Previously, the fill was QS synthetic blend. The full synth seems to have lost a little power, although it is quieter. Does that make sense?

Cheers

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ccapital83
what would you guys put it next to in comparison?

Any other over the counter synthetic you can buy at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: deven
I thought for warranty Toyota recommends 5000 miles or 6 months? Unless its changed.

In my dads 2007 Lexus ES 350, I used QS horsepower 5w30 and as expected, no problems so far with 25,000 miles

Usually normal service is 7500 miles. Someone that does as much highway driving as the OP will not fall under severe

So it sounds like I could safely move to M1 EP for the full 15k intervals / once a year whichever comes first.

I guess the benefit of sticking to 7.5k is my car gets looked at and fluids topped up every 6 months or so instead of every 12.

"I guess the benefit of sticking to 7.5k is my car gets looked at and fluids topped up every 6 months or so instead of every 12."

I think this is a very good point.

Worked very well in my Scion Tc for my daily commute of 100 miles last summer. A good oil at a very good price. I prefer it to Mobil 1 and Castrol Syntec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back