Dodge dealer oil question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The invoice gives a number (68055890AA) for the oil used at my local dealer no specific type or brand mentioned, I did some research on the web and the only thing I can find is that it is a number for bulk oil used by dodge dealers, I was hoping to get some more info, I'll call the dealer but was wondering in anyone might be able to help, the truck uses 5w-20 so I thought maybe this number was for bulk mopar oil 5w-20? (don't know who makes it.) Thanks for the help.

Thanks Stu_Rock at least now I know it's a Mopar oil number, hopefully I can find who makes it, on the mopar site the single quarts of oil containers look exactly like Mobil bottles for what it's worth.

My Dodge dealer told me they use Valvoline, which is really Carquest(which a read on the drums, so it is Valvoline sorta. The only Mopar oil I ever saw there was in qt bottles. I am thinking Dealerships buy their bulk oil from a local distribitor. My friend works at a GM garage and said they get bulk Pennzoil.

Each dealer can use just about anything they want to. Chrysler has a bulk oil program for their dealers if they choose to participate and if they use that program the oil is delivered by a Shell distributor and Chrysler does the billing through their parts program.

Let me add this as a former dealer parts and service guy. That part # does not mean you actually got the bulk MOPAR oil. It could mean that of course but it is also just as likely they use that number for receipt purposes but use a different oil. Our dealership routinely used Ford or Motorcraft part #'s for aftermarket parts and fluids. I hated doing that as I felt so dishonest but I had to do what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back