Picked up Edge 0w20!! (photos) what filter though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got 8 quarts of Castrol Edge 0w20, not even on the shelves yet and got it for ~$4.5/quart!... I love it mostly because of its 40C viscosity of 38cSt… but anyways, I’m about to put it in my SpecV so expect a UOA in a couple months, what filter should I use with it though? Laying around I have a K&N HP-1010 and a Bosch Distance Plus 3323 (got them on sale), which would be more apprepiate?
This car gets autocrossed, dragged, rallycrossed, and beat everyday on the street.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

I grabbed some myself. After emailing Castrol asking when it would be out, and having them tell me that it won't be out until late summer early fall. Then I called my local AAP they knew nothing about it, two days later there it was on the shelf at AAP. Funny how Castrol and AAP were clueless, LOL.

I'm going to use the Bosch Distance Plus filter that came with the deal, or a Pure One filter.

Nice price BTW- Where did you get it?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I grabbed some myself. After emailing Castrol asking when it would be out, and having them tell me that it won't be out until late summer early fall. Then I called my local AAP they knew nothing about it, two days later there it was on the shelf at AAP. Funny how Castrol and AAP were clueless, LOL.

I'm going to use the Bosch Distance Plus filter that came with the deal, or a Pure One filter.

Nice price BTW- Where did you get it?

AAP, I'm friends already with many of the workers there..lol, so they special ordered it for me, it wouldn't even show up on their computers.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Why does the bottle have "OW-20 U.S."? Does it mean that it will only be available in US?

Well, it states not for sale outside of the Americas. Since Canada is part of North America I would assume it would be available up there. Just a guess on my part.

good deal, i havent seen it in 0-20...tell us how it works, i just put in some 4$ a qt M1 0-20 in my focus for first time

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, it states not for sale outside of the Americas. Since Canada is part of North America I would assume it would be available up there. Just a guess on my part.

You're quite right. Many Castrol bottles here in Canada are labelled as not for sale outside of the Americas. As part of North America, we qualify for selling the product.

I looked at both the 0w20 and the 5w20 and noticed that neither one of them had the 15,000 mile guarantee that the 5 & 10w30 do. I wonder how many miles you could put on th3 20wt oil?

I have used Edge 5W-30 in my Corvette, my UOA was better than Mobil 1 (1/3 the lead). But I only ran it 5,778 miles and the TBN was 3.3, so I doubt it could go 15,000 miles.

Interesting that your bottle doesn't have the 15,000 mile statement on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jason2007
I looked at both the 0w20 and the 5w20 and noticed that neither one of them had the 15,000 mile guarantee that the 5 & 10w30 do. I wonder how many miles you could put on th3 20wt oil?

My engine likes to destroy oil pretty fast, plus it's my toy "race" car... so I will probably do 5000 miles MAX

Originally Posted By: buster
Keep buying BP, they are going to need all the help they can get.

lol.gif

Sad but true

Exxon did just fine after wiping out Prince William Sound. Sadly BP will do fine as well after their spill. The consumer, people living in the region, and the environment pay in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back