Ford 7.5l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful truck, well worth the trip in my opinion. If you do a lot of towing the exhaust manifold(s) will break sooner or later...if you don't run it hard they will last a long time.

Due to the age I would replace the plugs/wires/cap/rotor. Plug wires don't last very long on the big gassers if you run them hard (exhaust heat).

Age has taken it's toll on that truck in some regards. Ozone attacks the rubbers of door seals, plug boots, etc. Low mileage is nice, but it cannot avert everything. I'm sure he's aware of that. Still, he has a VERY nice find and beautiful ride!

Regarding any upgrades, headers and a quality intake upgrade really wake up the 460; it came out a bit "corked up" from the factory. Banks has a nice intake/exhaust set up for the 460, among others.

Last edited:
If it was mine, I'd get rid of the eyebrow, put standard 7" wide ford steel 8 lug wheels with no hubcaps, and go back to stock 235/85-16E ATs and back to the stock exhaust. Probably easier said than done. I wish people would leave stuff alone.
Can't beat the looks of a F350 stock, all add ons detract significantly. Sure I'm alone here, but that's my opinion and I stand by it even if it is goofy
33.gif

Changed the oil today; used a Motorcraft filter and Rotella T5 10w-30. We'll see how that works, can't see having any problems. Probably will get 'er a tune-up, then free up that exhaust and intake a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back