Most Expensive Motor Oil You Have Seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over in Germany we have some oils that are $150 for 5 ltr because of the taxes.Most synthetics are $100-120 depending on the exchange rate.
To me $50 for 5 qts still seems like a fire sale.

I saw Mobil 1 for nearly 16 Euros a quart at a 'petrol' station in Europe. I thought OUCH....

Originally Posted By: Trav
Over in Germany we have some oils that are $150 for 5 ltr because of the taxes.Most synthetics are $100-120 depending on the exchange rate.
To me $50 for 5 qts still seems like a fire sale.

Makes me want to move right over there.

When I took these pictures, the AUD was about 0.95 USD, so this is some real expensive 2-stroke oil! Castrol A747 is great stuff. Whats interesting, is this motorcycle oil selection was at a chain auto parts store in fairly rural Australia. Probably the largest selection of PCMO, HDEO and MC oil I've seen in one spot. A747 and R30 nowadays is pretty rare and exotic stuff.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
SYNLUBE!!!
crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif
09.gif

That's what I was thinking.
crackmeup2.gif

There is (was?) a chain of speed shops in the Toronto area called Performance Improvements which had really high prices on everything it sold and I remember seeing Redline there a few years ago for $23 per quart! Are they nuts?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Highest I've seen was certain Motul 8100 oils at >$16/L.

Same here, and the only slightly less costly 300v for ~$30.00/2 liters.

Not motor oil, but I've seen Castrol SRF brake fluid for $95.00/liter. OUCHIES!!
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back