VR1 syn or conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
On sale in the flyer and in store. You can buy the VR1 in Syn or conventional. I just payed $2.25($4.50 reg price) per quart for the VR1 conventional 20W50. Syn was around $4 a quart after the sale price. Can get 12 quarts per person... The guy said I could go in and out of the store as many times I wanted. I was happy to get 12 quarts...

VR1 is a conventional racing oil and the synthetic oil is called Valvoline Racing Synthetic...

Both are 50% off through May 31st.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I use it in my survivor original paint 1970 Boss 302.

Shaker hood/scoop or not?
I like the way they look without it!

It's the way they were raced in the Trans Am series, and the dude on my floor at the University of Arizona had a blue one (sans scoop) with black painted real Minilites on his, replete with long lugs!!
20.gif
cool.gif

This was in 1976, BTW.

Looks like Autozone only carries the VR1 in 20w50, SAE50, and SAE60 weight oils...sucks since I wanted the 10w30

I just bought 100 quarts yesterday....

http://robstah.imgur.com/holy_shitballs_oil

At my local stores at least, the SAE 50 was $1.99 a quart - 50% off that.....

Also, Valvoline is doing a B1G1 MIR. Buy 1 case, Get 1 MIR for 1 case. I bought 100 quarts yesterday for $157 including tax. If I get almost half of that back in MIR's.....

VR-1 has been watered down to the point I'd never use it in a real race engine. They do have a Off Road version that may still be OK

Originally Posted By: quick_16
VR-1 has been watered down to the point I'd never use it in a real race engine. They do have a Off Road version that may still be OK

I would not say that it is watered down. Still a great oil with plenty of zinc/additives for 99.9% of all applications(1300-1400ppm zinc/phos). Also can not beat the price.

I also know guys that use it in $500,000 Shelby's for road racing, so it can not be that bad of an oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Originally Posted By: quick_16

I would not say that it is watered down. Still a great oil with plenty of zinc/additives for 99.9% of all applications(1300-1400ppm zinc/phos). Also can not beat the price.

I also know guys that use it in $500,000 Shelby's for road racing, so it can not be that bad of an oil.

You are clueless and misinformed and should get the facts before making that claim. Recent UOA on VR-1 shows it is as I say . Look at the last sample of VR-1 from 8/2009 see the trend. God knows what it's at now.
4627161862_ff0070005b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Is it almost rebadged White Bottle? What weight were you running on that UOA?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back