Mobil 1 10W-40 High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
voa_M110W-40HM.jpg

Thank you for the report!, man i love this oil well build and very robust!!

M1 HM SL oil's are top of the line
20.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Looks like the old Mobil 1. Very similar additive package to Amsoil 5w30.

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I started using M1 HM 10w40 shortly after it's introduction. No complaints from me.

What OCI are you using?

I was running the M1 HM for 7-8k (highway) miles. I have not used this oil for a while, only because I like to try different oils.

Originally Posted By: Bobert
Looks like a kick arse oil. I'd buy it over the EP.

Depends which engine you are putting it in.
For my Duratechs,a lighter oil is better. A Euro engine, or very high mileage engine, is something differant.

This is great oil, the thing that I have always wondered is what do they put in the oil that makes it a high milage oil. And what is a seal conditioner.

Originally Posted By: GoldwingGuy
what do they put in the oil that makes it a high milage oil. And what is a seal conditioner.

Well usually HM oil's will have a boosted additive package(detergents,anti-wear)and non energy conserving and have a % of ester(seal conditioner).

Is the ester/seal conditioner considered bad for a new engine? Or is the level of ester used considered very low and will never cause a problem in a new or HM engine?

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Is the ester/seal conditioner considered bad for a new engine? Or is the level of ester used considered very low and will never cause a problem in a new or HM engine?

Know one really knows the % added to a given oil maybe 10-20%? i haven't heard any issues with it in a new engine.

Originally Posted By: AMRoberts
voa_M110W-40HM.jpg

After using it in the 5.3L GM and as assembly oil for the 325cc Polaris engines (having my hands in it) I consider M1 HM as good as it gets has far as a source for motor oil. The third party testing supports it has a top of the line additive pack.

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
Originally Posted By: AMRoberts
voa_M110W-40HM.jpg

After using it in the 5.3L GM and as assembly oil for the 325cc Polaris engines (having my hands in it) I consider M1 HM as good as it gets has far as a source for motor oil. The third party testing supports it has a top of the line additive pack.

As much as I hate to say it M1 makes a quality product. Everything they make is among the top performing products in the tier and at Walmart prices it's certainly affordable.
I just puked a bit in my mouth.

It was just last year that I bought my first Mobil 1 motor oil at the age of 62 so I have been slow to move to Mobil 1 motor oil some would say.
smile.gif

Today there is not really any bad motor oil from most any source. I do think M1 HM is about as good as it gets if that is what one is looking for because the specs are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back