Is the FP60/LC20 no longer in vogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These products were highly spoken of a few years ago. I've used them with excellent results and haven't been back here to any great extent, but as quick search shows these products aren't mentioned much today.

Originally Posted By: MMasz
These products were highly spoken of a few years ago. I've used them with excellent results and haven't been back here to any great extent, but as quick search shows these products aren't mentioned much today.

What are your results?

I still use FP 60 to keep the intake valves clean on the two muscle cars I own. Yes, it is effective and I will continue to use it. John--Las Vegas.

Them and Auto-RX went out of fashion at about the same time the secrets of Terry Dyson were exposed.

Originally Posted By: shrooms
What are your results?

Well, at 105K miles and using Lube Control since about 30K miles, my van still runs like new and I've had zero mechanical problems. The sustained excellent performance is what impresses me.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Them and Auto-RX went out of fashion at about the same time the secrets of Terry Dyson were exposed.

I'm unaware of the happenings. Was Lube Control involved in this issue?

Originally Posted By: MMasz

I'm unaware of the happenings. Was Lube Control involved in this issue?

Not exactly, but right when Terry "went out of fashion," the LC/FP stuff did as well, coincidentally.

"secrets" of Terry Dyson? Do tell.

LC20 and FP60 are great products, and have been shown through UOA results, carbon cleanliness tests, etc. to do quite well.

Some folks like different products and believe in their use, others don't. Unfortunately there are a lot of armchair chemists with no real background in chemistry or engineering that sway things one way or another.

I've used the FP products in the cars and small engines in the family fleet. I'm pleased at what didn't go wrong. I have some small engines that I use on an irregular schedule...my Honda 2kw generator for winter blackouts being one. It is not practical to empty the tank, run the carb dry, and empty the gas can at the end of each winter power failure--the next one might happen in minutes or months later. Those engines are prone to sticking intake valves with deposits on the valve stems, and I've had no problem with months-old gas in the carb and tanks. My Honda (4-stroke) string trimmer was forgotten last Fall, and started on the second pull with old gas this Spring. The mower gets used all through the year but with two or three month winter lay offs--but needs to be ready to run when the grass is long and the rain stops.

FP also keeps the car and truck engines running smoothly, although they might do about as well without. I KNOW that FP added to the cheapest gas (BP's ARCO) brings its gas mileage up to that of Top Tier gas at a lower total cost. Without FP ARCO is the only gas that has noticeably worse gas mileage than the rest.

I'm joining the BP/ARCO/Castrol boycott due to BP's failure to use the best possible blowout preventers and other world class technology in their U.S. drilling. If they had spent another half-million or so they would have equipment up to Norwegian standards and might have avoided the disaster in the Gulf.

There may be similar, but not better. ARX plus LC20 & FP 60 last eight years and nearly 300k on a number of cars/trucks.

MMO, etc, why bother?

Terry left because ownership of this board changed and it created problems.

"Secrets"? What are you implying?

I bought a jug of FP60 when it was on sale, mainly cause Mr Dyson spoke so highly of it. I don't know how much it cleaned, but my Accord did run smoother when using it. FP60 smells just like Liquid Paper correction fluid.

Mike,

This is not at all a fair statement as I know you have never been a buyer of Terry's services.
I feel there was always displeasure in that Terry did want some of what he counseled to be private.
So, you knew he liked FP60/LC20, but you didn't really know what he was after ..... or did you assume it was all the same for every user?
As you note the products are not mentioned much anymore on this board. I will note that there are not as many of Terry's kind of people on this board, which is too bad.

Last edited:
Problem is that when they were popular, everything else was attacked. If you didn't use the 3 products(ARX, FP, LC), you were a ......... Well, many others work just as well.

Cost vs benefit
MMO $12 per gallon, Lucas $25 a gallon, FP $40-$50/gallon
IMO, same benefit and dosage so whats the point? Never proved that one was better than any other.

One mans opinion is just that. When one charges for an opinion, it doesn't automatically trump all others that are free.

Whether you choose to use the products or not is your choice.

Originally Posted By: cos
The Critic,

"the secrets of Terry Dyson were exposed"

Could you elaborate on that?

Yeah. "secrets"?

And like Terry or not, mola had some interesting test results. IMO it is tough to refute his findings...

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Problem is that when they were popular, everything else was attacked. If you didn't use the 3 products(ARX, FP, LC), you were a ......... Well, many others work just as well.

Cost vs benefit
MMO $12 per gallon, Lucas $25 a gallon, FP $40-$50/gallon
IMO, same benefit and dosage so whats the point? Never proved that one was better than any other.

One mans opinion is just that. When one charges for an opinion, it doesn't automatically trump all others that are free.

Whether you choose to use the products or not is your choice.

I don't know about the attack part. Remember, this forum is even still relatively young. Folks were trying to figure what is good/bad, works/not, etc.

I recall distinctly a period in 2005 when fp/lc were very much popular and folks started to consider MMO for the first time. I tested each in the fuel and gave my findings. Lots of folks did. Ditto with two-stroke.

Arx was the only product that comes to mind that really caused issues. I don't think anything was proven to say that it didn't work, and there were lots of satisfied customers. It was more a personality crash with Frank and the other arx folks who did not ever come out to admit they were associated, and the folks who had a problem with it for whatever reason.

Everything does/will get attacked at some point. No big deal...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: cos
The Critic,

"the secrets of Terry Dyson were exposed"

Could you elaborate on that?

Yeah. "secrets"?

And like Terry or not, mola had some interesting test results. IMO it is tough to refute his findings...

i am confused here. What are these "secrets" and is Terry a problem/bad guy or a good guy. I thought he was above board.

Terry was/is a good guy, and has made his career out of using oil analysis to fine tune lubricant performance and engine operation diagnosis.

Some folks apparently had enough problems with him over various things that he was effectively driven off (like many other highly qualified members in the past).

But what exactly went down, if there was a "straw" I do not know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back