Shell To Sponsor Penske Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I say it is good to see Pennzoil and Penske associated with each other again. Shell did it for good business reasons as this just does not involve NASCAR and IRL, it will also involve everything Penske is involved with, like Penske Truck Leasing, etc.

I can understand the business part of it. Harkick is also RCR's top driver, and his contract is up at the end of this year. Their is deffinetly some uncertanty at RCR right now.

It'll be really weird not seeing kurt in the blue duece.

Questions already this year, who will field that 3rd SHR car in 2011....Kahne or maybe Harvick?

Penske is extremely successful in other forms of racing so outside of Nascar it'll be a good move for Shell.

Penske has more class and market savvy in his little finger than Hendrick ever has.

Hendrick, to me, is nothing more than the guy who committed fraud and stole millions from GM through his shoddy dealerships.

Great move for Pennzoil to team up with Penske who has a worldwide presence vs Hendrick who is nothing more than a big fish in a little pond.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Penske has more class and market savvy in his little finger than Hendrick ever has.

Hendrick, to me, is nothing more than the guy who committed fraud and stole millions from GM through his shoddy dealerships.

Great move for Pennzoil to team up with Penske who has a worldwide presence vs Hendrick who is nothing more than a big fish in a little pond.

Look, I like BOTH guys, but the "big fish" comment was never more true than Penske in Indy Car. The ONLY competition he has there is Ganassi, and he makes Floyd look like a beggar. In NASCAR, it's Hendrick 9, Penske 0. Also, why is Hendrick the guy that takes all the heat for the Honda scandal? He was far from the only dealer involved, but the ONLY one prosecuted, and Honda gets a free ride on the deal. I think you could make the case that it was extortion as much as bribery. As for the people I've chatted with that are in the sport, they respect Roush, they repect Penske and Childress and Ganassi. The two guys they LOVE are Rick Hendrick and Joe Gibbs.

I wonder if it had to do with quality? Did Penske find that Mobil 1 was not as good as it should be, hence the switch?

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back