is kendall GT oil any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is kendall GT oil any good? i read its a member of the CONOCO/ Amoco family. i se it sometimes at my autozone, and wanna try it! they never seem to have it, in 5w 30 though, jsut in 10w 30, lke their hihg mileage oils, its ALL in 10 W 30. what kinda add pack does kendall have? my car LOVES Amoco gas, and sicne it likes it, i figured ide give it motorcraft or KEndall oil, from the same fmaily; )
whats everyone think? i have a 1995 plymouth neon, 74,500 miles.

snatch it up in millisecond, whys that? lol. yo make it sound like its a **** good oil! ive never used it, but i am gunna have my own little stach going soon, because sometimes, it seems oils get discontinued or they have sold out fo that brand when i need them. i am gunno go check 2 autozones near me, and see what they got. so motorcraft is related hugh? what kinda add packs do these 2 oils have, compared to lets say, mobile dino, pennzoil, castrol, and others? i mean how owuld you rate kendall and motorcraft, on a cale of 1 - 10?

quote:

Originally posted by ziggy:
my car LOVES Amoco gas, and sicne it likes it, i figured ide give it motorcraft or KEndall oil, from the same fmaily; )

Amoco is owned by BP, which makes Castrol. C/P makes Kendall, Motorcraft, TropArtic, Phillips 66, etc etc..

In anycase, it certainly can't hurt your engine. If you can find some and at a good price then snag some..

A local home/hardware chain in my area has it again for $0.79/qt after mail-in rebate.

Joel

Chevron & Conoco oils give you the best money values/oil quality in return. In the Amsoil Ball tests, Motorcaft did real well & Trop Artic did lower. Due to how the Conoco oils are priced in auto-parts stores, since Kendall pricing is in the middle, then I would put it's quality between Motorcraft & Trop Artic.

The add-packs for all three are almost the same. The difference is the percentages of group-III drop-offs from the higher tier Motorcraft base oil down to Kendall -- then lower to Trop Artic.

The pricing differences indicates there is a base oil quality difference. Others here may dispute that. If that's the case, then Conoco should be boycotted for price-gouging on Motorcraft especially.... perhaps even government-investigated for making three identical products with different pricing levels.

Ford sets MC price to retailers not Conoco.
You're just seeing the price add of one more wholesaler in the distribution chain. Kendall
could just as easily be MC but it's clear TA isn't.

My father ran kendall 10w-30 in his toyota previa for about 100k miles, prior to switching to M1 at 160k... The dealer that he used from 0-60k used toyota brand oil, the one he used from 60-100k used kendall, and then after that we switched to M1.

He ran the kendall at 7500 mi.OCIs. At 200k, we still beat EPA economy estimates, the engine uses no oil, and extended OCIs show negligible wear.

IMO, kendall did him well.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back