What is the best 5w30 oil I can buy at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motocraft!
grin2.gif

Conventional: Castrol GTX

Synthetic: Valvoline SynPower

Disregarding price: Royal Purple

Also, you could think about something like M1 0w40. Which is known to shear to a 30 weight. I think you could probably run it in just about anything that calls for a conventional 5w30 w/o issue.

HDEO (it's 5w40 though but at the least, it could be a great summer oil for you, to combat the heat): Rotella T6

All... In My Opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kcfx4
Originally Posted By: zddp77
Stay away from Warren PP too many quailty control problems ... they make Supertech synthetic. Valvoline Synpower is $20.00 for 5 quarts thats an excellent deal.

the walmart in bloomington in displays who oil is supposidly supplied by....and they have warren listed for motorcraft synblend too.....if or if not its accurate..idk, but made me drop mc
Warren does NOT make Motorcraft its made by Conoco , I know the gentleman who formulates this product personally his initials are RG and this is one top notch engine lube. I cant give anymore info. then that.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Pennzoil.

Agreed. Pick your flavor of Pennzoil and you'll be happy.

I would add any Valvoline oil to the list. Their conventional and synthetics are very good. Not super long drain oils, but great for OEM intervals.

About two years ago or so, Valvoline pulled several convetional 5w30 oils off the shelf and did a shear comparison test. Their 5w30 had the best shear stability of all conventional 5w30 oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back