Here's the new comparison tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I hardly ever see Royal Purple on shelves.

You're kidding! That stuff is everywhere down here. The only oil shelf I don't see it at is the one in the gas station.

As Archie Bunker would say....Whoop de doo! Everyone knows that Amsoil is overrated and overpriced, and that all the figures they continually spout trying to impress everybody don't mean anything to the average guy doing his own oil change. There are a bunch of oils on the market nowadays that are just as good, if not better. And, anyone who uses their oil and goes 25000 miles between changes on a new vehicle under warranty is asking for trouble.

Originally Posted By: DEM5
As Archie Bunker would say....Whoop de doo! Everyone knows that Amsoil is overrated and overpriced, and that all the figures they continually spout trying to impress everybody don't mean anything to the average guy doing his own oil change. There are a bunch of oils on the market nowadays that are just as good, if not better. And, anyone who uses their oil and goes 25000 miles between changes on a new vehicle under warranty is asking for trouble.

People who read this site and take the time to research oil aren't usually the "Average guy doing his own oil change." People are here because they either want the best, or the best value. Amsoil has a place in the market, to dismiss them completely is silly.

...Everyone knows that Amsoil is overrated and overpriced, and that all the figures they continually spout trying to impress everybody don't mean anything to the average guy doing his own oil change...

Not overrated! It works great for LOOOOOONNNG OCI's!

Overpriced, maybe, if you aren't a dealer or PC.

...There are a bunch of oils on the market nowadays that are just as good, if not better...

I think most folks on this board would agree that the only oils in the same league as the top-shelf Amsoil products are Redline, Lubro-Moly, maybe Royal Purple, with M1 0W-30 EP and GC right behind.

I currently own the oldest engine ever noted by the manufacturer of our PTO equipment since their inception in the 70's.

It has 180k city miles and over 5000 hours of stationary operation at 15-2000 rpm!!!

Depending on how you do the math that could be over 400k miles in a 9000 pound plus machine!

Born and raised on Amsoil. No smoke, no consumption.

Lots of money yet to be made.

Based off that chart I am leaning towards M1 extended performance. Amsoil is not easy to get where I live and I am not going to run an oil for 25k miles.

I can understand that AMSOIL may not be easy to get if UPS doesn't service whatever area you live in.

Mobil 1 extended performance is what I would use if I couldn't, or wouldn't, get AMSOIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back