No ethanol!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I fill up my car in Indian, most of the gas stations do not advertised the 10% ethanol, and my car seems to get much better gas mileage without it. Is this true of non-ethanol gasoline? I live in Illinois where every pump is 10% ethonal. Anyone know where I can get 100% gasoline at in Illinois, or what brands rather?

Gas containing ethanol runs like total [censored] in my car,and it does in fact burn up really fast.

Call or write your Congressman. Think its awful in your cars? It does really nasty stuff to two strokes and outboards. Ethanol is good for no one but farmers. It is a lame attempt tp pacify enviromentalists and the "re-newable energy" vibe. I wish I could buy real gas in Florida, but all the gas stations here now mandate 10% ethanol thanks to our Governor, who really made alot of people in boats in a state surrounded by water angry, I dont think he will get re-elected dog catcher. Only places you can get it here are fuel stations like natural gas and propane, they ussually have a non-ethanol tank, but it is alot more expensive.

Ethanol is hardly a feelgood fuel pushed by the environmentalists, rather ADM and the corn lobby push for it.

In Cali, I doubt our E15 blend is really helping out air quality at all - LA's still an urban disaster.

Its not cleaning up anything, isnt that how it typically works, they come up with the idea to blend fossil fuels with ethanol to use less oils and we burn more gas, plus use up our food in the process. Another one of those situations were the cure is worse than the disease.

Look at the money trail, ethanol is the poster boy for campaign finance reform. ADM - and others -have given many millions to advance its business, basically using government subsidy's, the gas tax avoidance provisions, etc for their personal gain.

I am not sure I know of any environmental group that thinks taking a bushel of corn.....500,000 btu's of energy....adding 150,000 btu's of processing and distillation energy..... then getting about 150,000 btu's of ethanol out..... to be a good deal.
What you really hear is some big business's saying its good for the environment, not environmentalists.

Sort of like the "Clean Air Coalition". which is all funded by coal companies.

Burning corn in a corn stove or for power is simple and gives a much higher energy return, it just lacks well lobbied federal tax subsidies!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Gas containing ethanol runs like total .... in my car,and it does in fact burn up really fast.

+1 for my '89 Olds.

Fortunately, in my area of New York State, there are a handful stations that refuse to sell 90% gasoline. (They import it from Canada -- Montreal, to be specific)

Really? You guys notice THAT much of a difference between 0% ethanol and 10%? I can't tell a difference at all either in my Yamaha R6 motorcycle or my '95 Monte Carlo.

Y'all are being negative and hateful towards ethanol. Be careful, the nanny police might catch up to you.

It seems that 10 % Ethanol, = 10% decrease in MPG in my vans.

= 100% Worthless. Actually maybe even counter productive as far as co2 and emissions

Originally Posted By: Roland
It seems that 10 % Ethanol, = 10% decrease in MPG in my vans.

= 100% Worthless. Actually maybe even counter productive as far as co2 and emissions

Well, not 100% worthless. As per our other discussion, it does have some benefits, emissions wise. Ethanol is an oxygenator, and can have some emissions benefits on older, carbureted vehicles. New ones, that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back