2003 Acura MDX - Syn Oil Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2003 MDX and wondered what type of Syn Oil people would recommend for engine protection.

Previous owner used 5w20 dino oil as per specs (01 & 02 model spec was 5w30 dino).

I live on the West Coast with mild weather conditions, not too hot, not too cold. Driving is mainly city.

PS - Just put in 5w30 Mobil 1 ("newer car formula") last week, and actually the engine seems to run SLIGHTLY louder - is this normal.

5w-30 synpower will mkae your car run nice and smooth. quiet too

my car was louder with m1 too, dumped it in 500 miles.

Last edited:
Any engine oil with the proper specs will protect your engine. There are some comments on alittle louder with Mobil 1 that I have read on here. At least get your money's worth out of the oil you are using now. Motor oil preference depends on the individual. Any synthetic or conventional oil will do well.

Thx calvin, will try that out...do they carry a 5w20 in synpower.

Nice thing about the MDX it's SUPER easy to do oil changes yourself...so trial and error won't be a problem. I'll prolly end up dumping it in the next 72 hrs. Maybe i should put it back in the M1 container and take it back to Walmart -LOL...just say the seal was broken, didnt like how it smelt, etc...put my sales skills to the test HAHA

IF any1 has an acura and is using synthetic, please advise...

Synpower is available in 0w-20, 5w-20, 5w-30, 10w-30, 5w-30(euro version) and maybe 10w-40.
i run Valvoline synpower in both my Acuras, both run super smooth with it. Bunch of other acura buddies run it as well now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back