Oil Temp or Oil Pressure Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
No guages are necessary for a DD. I like oil temp just to see what factors effect temp, more for my curiosity than anything else. I'm very curious to see how the TL's temps change from daily driving to Willow Springs. From what I hear it's a relatively small difference.

Thanks for all the replies. But it looks like there is no consensus, lol. I am leaning towards temp at the moment. I am going to go autocrossing and I think knowing that the oil is up to temp will be more useful than knowing the pressure.

I currently have Turbo, EGT, and oil pressure gauges in the STi (center dash pod, A-pillar gauges look tacky). I however do more racing now than I did when I installed the gauges, and I wish I would have gone with an oil temp instead. On hot days at the track I could tell my oil got a little thin with the oil pressure guague, but not by much. I really wish I had an oil temp gauge so I could get a better idea, I'd even trade out my EGT. I did switch to Motul 5w40 [from 5w30] though, and the car loves it! I just wish I knew what the temps were.

Now I'd say go turbo, oil temp and oil pressure, as the EGT and wideband are only useful in tuning, you can get a lot more info on the health of your motor with the oil temp/pressure imo.

Sorry to bring back a 9 months old thread.

What do you guys think about GlowShift Oil Temperature Gauges ? They have several Gauges on sale at Amazon.com. The Tinted 7 Color Oil Temperature Gauge is $50, the 60mm Elite 10 Color Oil Temperature Gauge is $57 and the 52mm Elite 10 Color Oil Temperature Gauge is $67.

I don't know if the package comes with all wiring/hardware needed for installation. If they do then the price is not too bad. The problem is the complexity of installation. If I buy one, I may need to bring the car to my trusted mechanic to have him do the hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back