Eaton Rotary Screw Compressor Oil and Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Just got F'd in the A on a gallon of oil and a filter for a 7.5 hp Eaton/Polar Air compressor. When I called the company to get info on when to change the oil, they said no one has the oil but them. I find that hard to believe.

The oil they sent me cost $49 for a gallon of "Eco-8000 Synthetic Lubricant" It has no other info except health and safety / first aid, and then it says:

Blend Number: WP128323-GLCS

There is also a barcode that says:
050005, WP128323-GLCS, 7714

Does anyone have any idea what this stuff is?

Also I got an oil filter for $25 that is about 8.5" tall, 3.75" diameter and is painted white. Says NOTHING except 03201020441 Made in USA. Looks like a very tall PH16 oil filter.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

we have 3 125 hp rotary screws and 2 60 hp. the quarterly cost per machine is $1000 oil is a little cheaper by the 5 gallon pail, about 29 a gallon. there is nothing cheap about rotary screw compressors, but get a price on an air end and the price of the correct oil will seem very cheap then.

I used to maintain a couple Atlas Copco rotary screw compressors. I couldn't ever find definitive answers for substitutes so I stuck with the OEM expensive stuff. Oil changes were a couple hundred dollars each time.

Compressors are a great application for oil analysis. The oil, filters, labor, and downtime are expensive so spending $30 every couple of months makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back