F1 Engine Oil Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
F1 use a pneumatic valve spring. the valves are required to be opened via a camshaft per the Technical Regulations. to close the valve air in injected into a "bag" for lack of a better word to close the valve since a metal spring will float or take too long to close.

Beat me to it by 2 minutes!! (I'm a VERY slow typer!)

ive been an F1 fan for a long time, I was the only kid in my class in grade school to me traumatically effected by Aryton Senna dying, so i keep up with it slightly :). My friends and coworkers think im weird for having the Technical and Sporting regulations on my computer at home and work to read when I am bored.

ive been an F1 fan for a long time, I was the only kid in my class in grade school to me traumatically effected by Aryton Senna dying, so i keep up with it slightly :). My friends and coworkers think im weird for having the Technical and Sporting regulations on my computer at home and work to read when I am bored.

It's NOT "weird" in the least, I was that way (still am when I can get the info) with the WRC.
wink.gif

bd,
i would find you odd if you did NOT!!!

i have the entire AMA amature and pro rule books on all my computers. plus various other series.

Originally Posted By: Mitch Alsup
The intake velocity stacks change size based on the acceleration rate and the RPM band. This allows for the intake to be tuned to "the whole RPM band" rather than a few small ranges in the RPM band.

Per the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations section 5.7.1 Variable Geometry Intake Systems are not permitted.

source http://fia.com/en-GB/sport/regulations/Pages/FIAFormulaOneWorldChampionship.aspx

Ok, they were when Wright wrote his book, showing technical drawings of the system in operation (F1 2001).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back