Valvoline Synpower 0w20 at Wal-Mart now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my Wal-Mart tonight and noticed something new - Valvoline Synpower 0w20. They now have another option other than the Mobil 0w20. It was about 30 cents a quart cheaper if I remember right.

valvoline0w20.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I have 4-5 cases Synpower 5w20 I bought 1.5 years ago. I don't know if I can exchange it for 0W20 ?

You prolly could...but why?

Funny timing. I went to Wal-Mart this weekend fully intending to buy some Edge 5w-30 as a summer oil for the Civic and ended up buying 4 quarts of Synpower 0w-20 instead. I think it's been available at our Wal-Marts for a while.

I don't think most people are going to buy Valvoline over M1 for a mere $0.30/quart in savings. Or stated the other way, someone who is undecided will probably reach for M1 0w-20 for a mere $0.30 more over Valvoline. Now move it to $1+ ??...
21.gif
It's hard to trump that M1 banner.

..at the sign of the double cross (eXXon
grin2.gif
)

Originally Posted By: badtlc
once the 5qt jugs hit the floor, i'll buy.

+1

About time! I was starting to think Synpower 0w20 was just the stuff of urban hypermiling legends.

Now where's the Pennzoil Platinum 0w20?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I don't think most people are going to buy Valvoline over M1 for a mere $0.30/quart in savings. Or stated the other way, someone who is undecided will probably reach for M1 0w-20 for a mere $0.30 more over Valvoline. Now move it to $1+ ??...
21.gif
It's hard to trump that M1 banner.

..at the sign of the double cross (eXXon
grin2.gif
)

It would be nice if Valvoline provided the HTHS vis for their oils, but assuming it's likely 2.6 cP like most 20wt oils, I prefer M1's stat's for the lower 40C vis and somewhat higher VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back