Sylvania Xtravision Lights A Gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm never buying Xtreme Visions again. I put them in 6 months ago and made sure bulbs were not touched, etc. The left burned out last night, and the right was on its way out also. For now we bought standard Philips 9006's. eventually I'll get another set of Xtravisions. Those were very good bulbs.

The Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs have notoriously poor life. An HIR1/2 bulb will be the best upgrade for a normal HB3/4 halogen housing. You get more light than the Philips bulb and more life as well. Much more life. The life of an HIR bulb is on par with standard halogen bulbs, which last for years and years and years.

I put a set of Xtra Vision 9007's on my Dakota today. Drove it tonight and I can say without a doubt they are a lot brighter and I can see much better with the Xtra Vision than with the factory lights. I can see off to the sides of the road better too which is good because my town does not have enough street lights.

I got mine at Walmart, these are great bulbs for $20.00 a pair.

Once again....Xtra Visions don't come with a blue coating.

Lets not confuse these two bulbs made by the same company:

Sylvannia Xtra Vision - have clear glass and are a legitimately higher performance bulb than OEM.

Sylvannia Silverstars - have blue tinted glass and have less performance than a OEM bulb.

Last edited:
No blue tint or coating on these bulbs. It is just clear glass. I drove again tonight and they really are a whole lot better with a much brighter light than my OEM bulbs.

The OEM bulb had a bad yellow tint to the light, these are much whiter, and I can see to the side of the road a lot better. I can what looks like another 20 or 25 feet further distance in front down the road too and that is way better than my OEM bulbs were.

I have the xtravision hi and lo beams in my cavalier. I have my headlights on whenever I'm driving. Not daytime running lights, I have the headlights on. I think everyone should do this, it makes you more visible to other drivers. Anyway, they are still working great, much better than the old bulbs in terms of luminosity. The high beams in particular are a vast improvement. Can't really speak for longevity yet. I'd say they have a good 3 or 400 hours on them and they are still working great. I would recommend.

When I replace the bulbs, I try to replace them one at a time. Then I can see the difference between the two for a week before changing the other one.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Once again....Xtra Visions don't come with a blue coating.

Lets not confuse these two bulbs made by the same company:

Sylvannia Xtra Vision - have clear glass and are a legitimately higher performance bulb than OEM.

Sylvannia Silverstars - have blue tinted glass and have less performance than a OEM bulb.
thumbsup2.gif
and way less life for way more money. Had them in the cavalier I used to have before I put in Xtravisions about a year and 1/2 before I'd sold it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back