PepBoys Prostop Ceramic Pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with the Prostop Ceramic pads from PepBoys? Last time I bought brakes there (for my former '03 Grand Caravan), I bought Raybestos Ceramic, but for my '07 T&C, looks like they only carry the Prostop brand. Is it decent?

This is for my wife's van. Cost is no object (for OEM-type ceramic pads, not looking for exotic brakes here), just looking for the best value. If I need to buy a name brand, I will.

Thanks.

JA,
If their a good price and ceramic pads are what you want, then go for it. Maybe the ProLine's aren't the highest line of ceramic but I think they'll be fine. But, if price is no issue as you mention, stick with what you know works. I like ceramic pads for my driving style and I have tried many. They seem to work in all kinds of climates/temps, winter/summer. Great stopping cold or hot, through mountainous driving ie; driving from NY through PA, down into the VA's all the way to Myrtle Beach. Never a problem!
I'm with you when it comes to brakes. Cost is no object but, I do like value!

Thanks. I know I do want ceramic. The OEM semi-metallic pads on Mopar's minivans are incredibly dusty. They stop well, but they're very dirty. I put the ceramics on our '03, and the visible dusting was minimal. They also stopped as well as the OEM pads. Pedal feel "bite" was maybe 95% of the OEM pads, so very comparable.

I think I paid about the same price (50 bucks +/-) for the Raybestos QuietStop ceramics a few years ago that PepBoys gets for their house brand ceramic pad today. I'm not much into house brands, but if it's simply a Wagner or Bendix pad re-labeled, it's probably not a bad deal. I'll shop around and see what my other options are. I do like PepBoys because they turn rotors there, and I do like to support those parts houses that still offer those types of services.

I think I'm going with Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads. $59 from Advance, minus a $10-off-on-$50-purchase coupon I have at home from a mailer, minus a $15 mail in rebate directly from Wagner = $34.

Yeah JA, if you can get a brand name pad for a better price this is the way to go! Im sure the ProLine are fine but the Wagner is probably a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back