German Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have that much faith in hydraulic lines & hoses or cylinders for that matter. German or any other. I have worked on heavy equipment 20+ years.

Originally Posted By: willix
I don't have that much faith in hydraulic lines & hoses or cylinders for that matter. German or any other. I have worked on heavy equipment 20+ years.

Same here. Foolish stunt. I've seen hyd lines fail, or cylinders blow seals.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The equipment operator gets kudos from me for that one. I would have liked to seen the trip back down.

Sensationell Rupert...

Quote:
Vienna

I got that impression from the symphony music. Visions of ornate aristocracy, prancing horses, and grand events.

This is entertainment. If it was true engineering, the shovel would have been automated
grin2.gif

I'm more amazed by the tower that can withstand that kind of side load than the "engineering" of the heavy equipment, and the lack of safety measure. (that guy standing right below the equipment when it climb up is just "stoupid")

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Americans don't know any languages and rarely travel.....

Maybe they've been to France and decided once was enough. More than enough actually.

Sprechen sie Deutsche?

This is Austria, btw. Americans don't know any language and rarely travel....

I agree, including English.

Last edited:
This is Austria, btw. Americans don't know any languages and rarely travel, you can sell them a lot of motor oil though..

Really?

We don't travel and don't know any languages.

Hmmm, a lot of us were in Europe in 1916-1918 at the request of some of our European friends.

Ditto for 1941-1945, as well as North Africa, and Asia and the South Pacific.

At the request of the UN, we were in Korea and are still there in the South.

Our French friends wanted our help in Viet Nam, IIRC.

Now when we travel to France or Germany, or other places in Europe, our friends who asked us there conveniently forget how we helped out.

It's a wonder as many Americans travel as they currently do, considering how many outside of American want to kill us, or blame us for the ills in the world.

I'm not saying America is perfect. What I'm saying is for all the good in the world we do, it seems there are still a number of folks who discount that good and want to bring us down, for whatever reason.

Many of us have traveled and many have given the ultimate price for the nations who now criticize the very nation that saved their lives in one way or another.

How many outside the US think the US is what they see on their TV sets?

When I lived in Germany, they thought I was from LA because my USA license plate started with LA. To many outside, their perception of the US is based on Hollywood, not any real knowledge of America.

So I'd say any ignorance goes both ways and likely in equal parts.

end of threadjack :)

Sorry man. I thought you'd get the humor of the generali[s/z]ation. As for History we were nowhere near Europe in 1941 - check your sources. We successfully joined the effort in Europe after it was all done by Russians. We'd never bear 20 million toll as they did. Anyway, that was a joke. Btw, Americans used to be the only folks in past who'd take jokes about themselves with humour. Europeans are notorious for the other way around.

We successfully joined the effort in Europe after it was all done by Russians.

The Russians stormed the beaches at Normandy?

For the record, most of the Russian deaths were on their own soil, not in Europe. Russia lost more civilians to starvation and freezing to death than they did military losses. The military losses were 8 to 11 million, while the German occupation, holocaust and blockades cost over 15 million Russian civilian lives, most within their own cities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back