best "cleaning" oil?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: biodiesel
Another vote here for the PYB/MMO blend flush method. I'd go that route over Seafoam any day.

Why over Seafoam? Seafoam is an excellent product. Everyone I know that ever used it has had good results. For me personally I know on a 99 Rodeo it cleaned up a lifter tick(I suspect it was a lifter tick, but whatever it was, the noise stopped immediately). It also cleaned the engine significantly, also my oil consumption went way down. Most times I never needed to add oil anymore after using SF a couple times.

m1 was used before i got it for atleast 50k miles. thats when the pervious owner bought it from his dad. the car has 155k now. ive had it for 5k. im guessing they just used it for around town jobs and never got the oil nice and hot!

I see an awful lot of love for MMO these past few months here. I've always used it and liked it.
Yes it does work well.
But wasn't ARX the darling of BITOG for the longest time? What happened?

Originally Posted By: jerzey
m1 was used before i got it for atleast 50k miles. thats when the pervious owner bought it from his dad. the car has 155k now. ive had it for 5k. im guessing they just used it for around town jobs and never got the oil nice and hot!

Maybe this previous owner started running cheaper oil or going longer OCI's.

A quart of Rislone with every oil change until it's clean. Maybe at 2500 to 3000 mile intervals. It works slow so no need to worry about a chunk of sludge plugging up an oil gallery.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bustednutz

But wasn't ARX the darling of BITOG for the longest time? What happened?

That's the truth. Back when I first joined it seemed most threads had posts about ARX. I was gone for awhile and recently came back. First thing I noticed was the serious depletion of ARX posts and threads.

I tried ARX once and not sure if it did anything. Some people swear it works, but for me I never opened up my engine before or after, so I have no idea. Looking under the oil cap, it looked clean after I used the Seafoam. I used seafoam for several OC's before I did the ARX, so there probably wasn't much left, but I figured it might be good to let that work on the remainder for the full oil run.

With that said, if I was having issues that others used ARX to solve, I'd give it a try again. I definitely wasn't disappointed with it.

dont here to much about that stuff.............. MMO and arx are all over this site

You answered it in your post above.
wink.gif

-Dennis

Skip the MMO....

Just use a high quality high detergent diesel motor oil like Shell Rotella perhaps use this for two or three 5k oil changes and then switch back to your regular oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back