Amsoil & One Arm Bandit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Wow Amsoil wanting to talk about tests that can make one oil seem better than the others, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Also was the bearing ever replaced or was the reservoir for the oil just dumped out?

Ya I felt the same way to a degree, especially bc of the 4-ball test, although that is a legitimate test, just not that applicable to real world performance.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Wow Amsoil wanting to talk about tests that can make one oil seem better than the others, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Also was the bearing ever replaced or was the reservoir for the oil just dumped out?

Ya I felt the same way to a degree, especially bc of the 4-ball test, although that is a legitimate test, just not that applicable to real world performance.

Not the real world test of engine oil, but does test Gear oil and grease. You know, Extreme pressure addies, old chap.

I saw a Schaeffer's kiosk doing that very thing at a car show and people were eating it up. When I told the crowd what was REALLY going on, the Schaeffer's guys threatened to have me thrown out of the tent.

The consumer needs a demonstration. Hard to bring SWRI along on the road show for the Sequence III-G test. I guess if you rented a hotel so that they could drop in every few hours and wait for the tear down to show the condition of the components upon completion.

Quote:
The consumer needs a demonstration. Hard to bring SWRI along on the road show for the Sequence III-G test.

lol.gif

Good point. Of course it helps to have a "legit" demonstration, even if you want to keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back