DENSO 150-1010 CUT OPEN -- PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using DENSO 150-1010 oil filters on both of my vehicles (see signature) for about a year now. A relative purchased them for me via their employee purchase program and they only cost me $2.50 per filter shipped. I've read good things about DENSO filters but have yet to see one cut open. So I took a hacksaw to the one that came off my Nissan last weekend when I changed its oil. It was the end of a 6,000 mile OCI with Castrol Edge 5W-30.

The 150-1010 is one of two DENSO filters that cross references to the PureOne PL14610, Wix 51356, Mobil 1 M1-110, K&N HP-1010, Bosch 3323, Fram 7317, etc. The 150-1009 is the other. The difference between the two is a 65 mm outer diameter on the 1009 versus a 68 mm diameter on the 1010.

DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0594.jpg

DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

DSCF0587.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg

DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

look n good,,,,my oil filter wont hold oil,,,it was run over by a 12 ga in the back yard, buried her today. lol

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
look n good,,,,my oil filter wont hold oil,,,it was run over by a 12 ga in the back yard, buried her today. lol

54.gif

Looks like a good unit,even pleats,good glue job, metal end caps,plenty of center tube holes, silicone ADBV,you did good my friend with this filter at that price.

do you happen to know the efficiency rating on this filter?

Originally Posted By: sw99
Looks like a well built filter! Nice price you paid too...

X2

Where is that filter made? I'm just curious, I try to file random data like that in my brain.

Originally Posted By: daman
do you happen to know the efficiency rating on this filter?

No, unfortunately I don't. I've never seen the numbers published anywhere. I'd love to know though.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Where is that filter made?

The bottom of the box says "Made in Thailand".

Interesting. The filter on the box actually looks more like the open end Denso design which is usually posted here. Obviously this is a metal endcap design, though I don't see the bypass. Perhaps it's at the end of the centertube, just out of view.
21.gif

I'd be curious to compare the efficiency of this design to the open end. Just a guess, but I would expect this one to be higher.

Does look decent though especially for the price. Silicone adbv.

Thanks for the pics.

Hey barlowc i just noticed your not that far from me,how about hooken a brotha up with some of these for that price?

Hey barlowc i just noticed your not that far from me,how about hooken a brotha up with some of these for that price?

Unfortunately I can't. However, I see DENSO filters on Amazon.com shipped free for orders over $25. The 150-1010 filters that I use are only $4.66/each. Buy 6 of them and you'll get free shipping. That itself is a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Good filter. I wonder what they mean by torque stopper.

You cannot over-tighten the Denso filters because they have a metal ridge that only allows you to screw them down to a certain point.I love them. No better filter for the money.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Looks nice. I wonder what the efficiency is on it?

I received an e-mail from DENSO's Technical Services Department today. They said the filter has a 98% efficiency rating at 40 microns. The methods implemented were in accordance with JIS and SAE (J 1858) standards.

The box of a PureOne PL14610 I have on the shelf indicates 99.9% efficiency "Based on ISO 4548-12 at 40 microns on PL30001."

Originally Posted By: barlowc

I received an e-mail from DENSO's Technical Services Department today. They said the filter has a 98% efficiency rating at 40 microns.

Thats nothing great,many are 99-98% @ 20microns including the yellow P1

Looks like no filters available for my applications,looks like there market is aimed at foreign cars mostly.

Thats nothing great,many are 99-98% @ 20microns including the yellow P1

Agreed. Nothing great. But not horrible either. Keep in mind, not all PureOne filters are rated at 20 microns. The smaller ones, such as the PL14610, all seem to be rated at 40 microns.

Looks like no filters available for my applications,looks like there market is aimed at foreign cars mostly.

You might want to try their cross-reference lookup and see if you can find one. Their vehicle part finder doesn't show any results for my 2007 Saturn VUE, but a cross-reference of another filter turns up the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back