Whats a QUALITY floor jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired of [censored] [censored]$man flor jacks leaking and would like to purchase a quality one that will last. I will be using it in the garage and really only need a 2 or 3 ton unit. Are there any good ones left?

Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
Hein Warner makes a fine jack. Pricey though.

3 Ton Floor Jack

Dave

Thanks. Are these sold at local stores? The shipping is the only issue I have. It adds to the overall price.

Most affordable 3 ton floor jacks these days are going to be chinese. The harbor freight chinese 3 ton floor jack is pretty universally regarded as a decent jack for the price ($60 on sale and with the 20% off coupon). Otherwise if you want american go with hein warner as suggested above but they will cost you.

Also you can rebuild a leaky jack pretty easily.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
The Hein Warner is actually a Chinese jack too.

No it isn't it says Made in USA

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
The Hein Warner is actually a Chinese jack too.

Hein Warner Jacks are made in the USA.

Originally Posted By: Jeepster_nut
I am tired of [censored] [censored]$man flor jacks leaking and would like to purchase a quality one that will last. I will be using it in the garage and really only need a 2 or 3 ton unit. Are there any good ones left?

Yeah the craftsman jacks are notorious for leaking and failing within a year of purchase.

I have an American Forge and Foundry model 350SS - excellent jack, but pricey. Despite the name - made in China.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back