Motorcraft 0W-30 Synthetic for diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
fordv.jpg

Ford/Motorcraft now has an 0W-30 Synthetic for their diesel engines.

Link

At the chevron meeting two years ago, they were working hard to bring 30wts to market... It is the future, good to see it coming. Will be interesting to see how it is applied. Likely restricted to newer design engines.

I wonder what the composition of it is

I'd almost run this on my SHO, the part about not using it on a car equipped with cats sounds promising..... and it doesn't have cats either...

I tried to get some of this oil about six months ago from both my local ford dealership and a local parts store that can get Motorcraft lubricants. I was going to send a sample out for spectro analysis. Both places showed a part listing, but it was unavailable to get at the time. Maybe if I have time I will check to see if it is available now.
Mike

Thanks for the MSDS.
Unfortunately it's very sparse of useful info like the viscosity of this oil. It does give a viscosity of 125 cSt but doesn't mention the temperature. I suspect this is at room temp' which isn't too useful and mentions the Flash point is 200C.

I wouldn't consider using this oil (or any oil) without getting at least the 40C and 100C viscosity spec's.

Just checked today with Ford dealer and they told me parts number(#CXO-0W30-LAS12) does not come up. I even told the parts guy I am looking at it off the Ford Motorcraft website. I also did not have any luck with the parts store that I can Motorcraft stuff from.
Oh well,
Mike

While reading this I noticed they make a 5w50 full-synthetic....I wonder what that is like...perhaps I should try it.

Motorcraft also has High Mileage oils, too bad the only place you can get these is the dealership.

Last edited:
Why do they say not to run it in a gasser? It's SM rated. I think some lawyer made them insert that text. It would probably work great in a gasser.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
their price will likely restrict most of us from using it

No this will

*Important note: Do not use in gasoline engines equipped with catalysts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back