Lucas Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd stay clear of it. If you have a clunker you are trying to get rid of that burns a lot of oil and makes noise Lucas might help. OTOH if you have a car that you like I would stay clear of it.

If you want to clean up an engine and quiet down noisy lifters MMO is the ticket. It is cheap works very well, can be added to any oil. It can be bought in just about any parts store or Walmart. MMO can also help with freeing up sticking valves and dirty rings reducing oil use. It however can't fix broken or worn out parts.

Welcome To Bitog.

welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Originally Posted By: Scotty1981
Does it make a difference? Do any additives make a noticable difference?

As far as I can tell, aftermarket oil additives are for when your engine has a problem that you don't care to diagnose and fix, or your oil comes up short in some way and you don't want to do the legwork or spend the money to buy a better oil. If everything is working properly, and if your oil is right for the job, there's nothing to be gained by throwing stuff into the mix -- and in fact, there is potentially something to be lost IF the additive messes with the oil's chemistry and doesn't let it work as intended.

Thanks, I was thinking since synthetic is better than dino oil that maybe lucas added to synthetic might make it better than synthetic alone, guess not. I'll stay away from it, I dont have any problems with any of my cars.

I'm never using that garbage again. I found out it was making my car burn more oil, not less. It's a viscosity modifier to me and little else. I think their fuel additive with upper cylinder lubricant is a better bet

I will second the fuel additive with upper cylinder lubricant. I use that in all my cars about every oil change. A couple of knowledgeable engineer’s recommended to me. No affiliation or bias even thought Lucas Oil is the name of our football stadium the Colts play in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back