Fuel in oil in the ford 6.4 engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wondering if anybody else is having failed oil analysis with fuel dilution.. I have had 3 come back already in the last 3 weeks.. I sent one to ford < under warranty> they told me i didnt change by fuel filters often enough. silly thing only has 10k and 1000 hrs. didnt think i needed to change that often. they recommend every 400 hours??? they also said because it has gone into a regen process that this could have caused the failures as well??? I dont know and sort of smell a rat with these engines.. Any comments are welcome..

Thanks
Rick

I see all the time, The regen process and extended idle time really hurts UOA on the 6.4.

I have a customer that I deleted the DPF, and retuned it with spartan tunes shutting the regen off and gaining 70HP. Gained 4MPG up to 11-12 grossing 30k. I'm expecting a good UOA on the next one

What was the dilution? I usually see between 4&6%

I dont know what your interval is but you must stick with OEM intervals...There no extending drains on the 6.4

Fuel filter ion know way has anything to do with dilution. Reccomended interval is 20K I reccomend 15k

Last edited:
Every 10k or 400 hours it says in the email I got from Ford..

Just heard another possible issue, the fuel rails under the valve cover is not supported on the end of it. the only thing holding it is where it goes through the head..excessive viberation is wearing on the seals between the rail and the injector itself??? any feedback on this as well ???

Originally Posted By: rickg
Every 10k or 400 hours it says in the email I got from Ford..

Just heard another possible issue, the fuel rails under the valve cover is not supported on the end of it. the only thing holding it is where it goes through the head..excessive viberation is wearing on the seals between the rail and the injector itself??? any feedback on this as well ???

What year is it and what exactly was the dilution %?

10% on the last one.
iron is up to 246,
chrom is 6
nickel is 4
alum is 32
copper is 12
lead is 21
tbn is 2.05, base tbn should be 9.10
vis at 100 cs ix 10.2, base id 14.4

I am seeing wear on this engine at 17029 miles....

Being an 08 it very well could be a rail issue. 10% is 2.5 quarts of fuel in the system. You may also have an injector leaking.

We are told to stick to 8000 mile oil changes MAX ( by Ford ), but you have another issue forsure. Anything over 4% is considered excessive. The problem is ford will not take a outside source analysis. They will want to do their own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back