Lubrizol UTTO Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a customer that just had dumped into his piece of equipment 250 gallons of regular hydraulic oil. Problem is it's a wet brake/hydraulic/transmission fluid combined sump; and the unit calls for UTTO (we use Castrol UTF).
Allegedly there is available from Lubizol an additive that when added makes regular hydraulic oil suitable for UTF usage.
Has anyone ever heard of this and if so can they steer me to where to buy it? I have a part # thru where I work but it's $$$$ and far away; I was hoping to find a local source (Middlesex County NJ).

Wow... that is expensive.. 5 Gallons of Chevron 1000 THF.. which sounds as if matches the application you are suggesting costs $ 48 dollars.

what part # name do you have ther is a LZ additve 9990 treats at about 4-5% so you need at least 12 gallons and LZ will sell pails BUT BIG upcharge.

Originally Posted By: bruce381
what part # name do you have ther is a LZ additve 9990 treats at about 4-5% so you need at least 12 gallons and LZ will sell pails BUT BIG upcharge.

Bruce, allow me to ask, is there a Lubrizol 9990 AND a 9990A or are you refering to the the latter one?

I believe the THF we are using is formulated with 9990A. Not sure whether TBN 12 is normal for this add pack, though.

Do you have voa Z, P and Ca of 9990A and similar high quality add packs?

PM me if you have something for me you do not want to share with the public. Thanks.

Cab you tell me if JCB Gear oil HP Plus API GL4 is a UTTO or an agri trans oil and is the JCB Trans Fluid EP 10W a TO-4 or a TO-2 oil ??

Can anyone out there tell me if JCB Gear oil HP Plus API GL4 is a UTTO or an Agri trans oil and also is the JCB Trans Fluid EP 10W a TO-4 or a TO-2 oil ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back