Repairing my Vetter Fairing - Anyone done one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have cracks and breaks in my Vetter fairing that need fixed before I start riding this year. I got one of the repair kits from the Vetter site. I've worked with epoxy, fiberglass, bondo, and JBWeld so am fairly prepared. But wanted to ask if anyone had any experience and insight into repairing Vetter fairings that might help me before I start to work. It's a pretty clean bike for an '82...I'd hate to make a big mistake during the learning curve.

The kit comes with instructions and random pieces to use as backing reinforcements. It also mentions to use a screw to keep cracks open while you goo them up, and sanding thoroughly where you use backing pieces.

Thanks.

Will

Sounds like you have the problem well in hand, just be careful when using the screw to spread the cracks as it can make it worse. I used a dremel to make V slots in some cracks to keep from making it bigger.
Good luck

A long time ago when I was an active welder I learned to drill a small hole at the end of a crack to stop it in it's tracks. I've never actually used that tip, but I've seen it in action.

the hole at the end of the crack works,i've done it multiple times on my quad,a hot nail works great for plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back