Comparing Amsoil GHD with the new GPTR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Amsoil GHD for a couple of years now and am very happy with it. As you may know, Amsoil recently came out with the new Polymeric Truck, Chassis, and Equipment Grease that will be replacing GHD. I've been comparing the specs on this new grease with the GHD specs. To me, the new grease looks like a step backward. Take a look at some selected specs:

Four Ball EP, Weld Point: 400(GHD); 620(GPTR2)
Four Ball EP, Scar mm: 0.4(GHD); 0.6(GPTR2)
Dropping Point, F: 550(GHD); 500(GPTR2)
Water Washout, %: 1.6(GHD); 3.0(GPTR2)

Other specs seem similar. The Four Ball test is interesting - although the Weld point was much longer with the new grease, the scar was larger.

Thoughts? Should I continue with the new grease when GHD is no longer available, or change to something else?

Indeed there are some differences. Not huge per se, just different. I guess it depends on your application. FOR Medium, general or HOT dry large high pressure sliding application use I would have no problem switching over to GPTR2. If you have more point loads, in wetter outdoor applications, I would use GPOR2.

Four Ball EP, Weld Point: 400(GHD); 620(GPTR2); 620+ (GPOR2)
Four Ball EP, Scar mm: 0.4(GHD); 0.6(GPTR2); Dropping Point, F: 550(GHD); 500(GPTR2); 345(GPOR2)
Water Washout, %: 1.6(GHD); 3.0(GPTR2); 1.0 (GPOR2)

GPOR2 LINK

GHD LINK

GPTR2 LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back