PU 2001 Camry 1MZ-FE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how long of an OCI I should run with PU 5W-30 and a PL10241.
2001 Toyota Camry 190K Miles. Currently: RP 5W-30 in the sump w/ PL10241.

55.gif

What OCI are you doing with the Royal Purple?

All depends on your style and type of driving. I would not go past 7.5K without doing a UOA and then change accordingly.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What OCI are you doing with the Royal Purple?

All depends on your style and type of driving. I would not go past 7.5K without doing a UOA and then change accordingly.

I'm planning on running it for about 5k. 1MZ-FE shears oil pretty quickly. I wouldn't be suprised if the RP in the sump has sheared down to a 20 weight by now.

Drive about 50 miles a day mostly freeway averaging about 80MPH.
Sometimes I will push the car to its limit; 6k RPM @ 100mph but this is very very ocasionally haha xD

I just want to know what a "safe" OCI is. I don't really have money to spend on an UOA. I scored 30qts of PU at WM for CHEAPO!

7500 no question. I posted a UOA earier today. Very stout and shear stable product from what I can see

With your driving pattern...I would not be afraid of going 10K...and maybe more'

But... I would not go more than 10K on a PureOne.

For longer OCI's...go to a Mobil 1 filter.
RedLine SL-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner

From one 1MZ-FE owner to another. 6K is safe, 5K is very safe. At 5K you'd probably have a TBN of 2.0. That's been my experience with Valvoline Synpower and Pennzoil Platinum. Yes, these engines abuse oil. Remember, Pennzoil Ultra isn't an extended drain product, but I wouldn't use an extended drain product in these engines anyway.

I have the 1MZFE motor in my 2003 Sienna.
I found that the oil filter that my '96 3.8L Windstar used is IDENTICAL in specifications to the filter that is listed for the 1MZFE motor.....except that it is longer.....and very easily fits.
If using the Pure One filter.......it would be the PL20195

Here is a picture of the difference in length.......different brand filters....but same length in each.

I also would recommend that you stay with the 5K OCI and not longer than the 7.5K.
Also....keep a good watch on the PCV valve......make SURE that it does not become clogged........or you will have sludge in short order.
Also.....make sure that you have flow out of the rear valve cover.....as the area above the baffel can become clogged and block the flow to the PCV valve.
They went to a different PCV valve in that motor in 2003 as well as improved baffel in the rear valve cover to improve drainage to prevent buildup.

No more than 5,000 miles.

The 1MZ-FE is a problem animal and destroys ANY oil very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back