Another Lubro Moly Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nucleardawg
Curious.. I run Redline in my Mustangs. Redline is dosed with a good amount of moly. If this product was added to Redline what type of moly count, are we talking about then?

For a rough number, off the top of my head, I believe Redline is about 6-800 PPM in VOA's.

I think if you are using Redline and it has about 800 PPM of Moly then you might not need this Lubro-Moly, but if you did add it maybe it would raise the Moly Reading by about 300 PPM.
21.gif

Curious.. I run Redline in my Mustangs. Redline is dosed with a good amount of moly. If this product was added to Redline what type of moly count, are we talking about then?

For a rough number, off the top of my head, I believe Redline is about 6-800 PPM in VOA's.

Here is a VOA of Lubro Moly, you can probably get an idea of how much it would boost the moly by. HTH

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1234989&page=1

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: zddp77
You additives junkies crack me up LOL.

You clueless fools crack me up
55.gif

This Lubro-Moly works, in case some new members do not remember, Moly was one of the additives in motor oil's years ago, except for Schaeffer's and Redline many oil's are now using different additives instead of Moly.

Demarpaint can correct me if I am wrong, but I think Moly is the most expensive additive in motor oil.

From my cars to my small engine equipment they all run smoother and I feel my cars are a tad more responsive with this Lubro-Moly.

I used a bottle in my wifes 03 Acura MDX 3 weeks ago and it does run smoother at idle and on the road. We have put on about 700 miles and I think that it does take some mileage before you will feel any difference.

I own a collection of classic cars and also own 5 other cars for daily transportation and Lubro Moly did improve the engine knock I had at idle.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: zddp77
You additives junkies crack me up LOL.

You clueless fools crack me up
55.gif

This Lubro-Moly works, in case some new members do not remember, Moly was one of the additives in motor oil's years ago, except for Schaeffer's and Redline many oil's are now using different additives instead of Moly.

Demarpaint can correct me if I am wrong, but I think Moly is the most expensive additive in motor oil.

From my cars to my small engine equipment they all run smoother and I feel my cars are a tad more responsive with this Lubro-Moly.

IIRC I read somewhere that China is buying up a lot of Moly, along with a lot of other raw materials. Prices have risen considerably. Moly is probably one of, if not the most costly additive in oil. IMO oil companies are looking for cheaper things to replace Moly with, whether or not they are better remains to be seen. No flames please! JMO

@ Demarpaint: You were going to add the lubro-moly treatment on one of your vehicles on it's next oil change.

Any feedback/observations as to how this worked out for you?

At the moment it is only in my 93 Aerostar, which is running fine. I haven't added it to any other vehicles yet, I still have sometime before the next OCI. I did add it to my lawn mower and it stopped the start up smoke completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back