race oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased and used Schaeffer's #110 40W Micron Moly back in 2004 for my 1000hp drag race engine. Then I started using Royal Purple XPR 10W-40. I decided to buy some more #110 this year and did. 15 gals 30W #110 and 10gals 40W #110
So far so good.
This is a race oil, not a street car oil.

So before I use it I think lets check the additive package and ask them for that and get it back no issue.

Now I see the Zinc, Ca and Mg are way different and I'm thinking it should not be used in my race engine.
Any experts please stand up and help thanks in advance
This is a 8000rpm roller cam engine

40W '04 '10
P 1106 558
Zn 1217 645
Mg 8 0

Moly, Ca amd Si are about the same

According to the Schaeffer's oil product page, these are the two race oils they make.

Racing Oils
Supreme 9000 5W-50 Racing Oil
A full synthetic, multi-grade engine oil formulated to reduce friction and wear, increase engine and fuel efficiency, and extend engine life in turbocharged or supercharged engines.

Supreme 7000 20W-50 Racing Oil
A multi-grade synthetic plus engine oil formulated to reduce friction and wear, increase engine efficiency and extend engine life in all types of gasoline engines including those that are turbocharged.

I tried to look a product on #110 and it does not show anything. Hopefully Salesrep will see this.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
According to the Schaeffer's oil product page, these are the two race oils they make.

This is an older race design that they plan to phase out, but I had good luck with it. I actual have some I bought from Mark back in 2004 in the car now. I used this as I do not want to run a 20W-50.
To be fair I did not get this from Mark so I'd not expect his help. Not that it's not wanted just saying not deserved.

Take a look at the word racing on thse buckets.

schafers110.jpg

While we don't publish them we produce about 5 different race oils. Micron moly 50 w racing oil is very popular up here with the dirt track guys and the methanol dragsters.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
ijikilolplpuhygtfrdes

can any one decode up dumb this down??

I hope Jay can come up with a race oil that's in a 40W max. A 10W-40 will work, but I think the straight weight oil is less prone the shearing out of grade, a common issue with my engines oil. It's an abusive environment because of the wild temperature swings and stupid HP and RPM's.

I have an update.

Very good news for me. Jay called and he is going to replace the gal's of race oil with new and with an additive package like the #110 purchased from salesrep in 2004.

Of course I thanked him for stepping up told him I could not me more happy.

Lesson to other racers. I doubt you could even find the name of the person at your oil provider let alone see this action if an issue arise. This is just one more reason to use Schaefer's oil for sure.

All I can say is WOW. I just don't see that kind of customer services these days and was taken back.

Lab tests from new batch
Anyone like this version?

Additive Levels: Mo P Zn Mg Ca Si (ppm)
110-30W/097 326 1722 1778 16 1642 12
110-40W/104 200 1757 1802 5 1653 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back