Oil filter (amsoil) for 09 Maxima

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! This shouldn't be so hard...

Amsoil recommends WIX 51358 for the 09 Maxima (VQ35DE V6)
Amsoil recommends EaO12 for the 09 Altima (VQ35DE V6 - same engine!)

WIX 51358 cross references to FRAM PH6607

FRAM PH6607 cross references to EaO12

What a mess!

I have a EaO12 - so can I run it? I think I'm ok using it but can one of our Amsoil sponsors confirm for me?

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
All those filters you have listed cross reference to each other, so it would seem you could take your pick.
+1 That's how I read it.

One of the Amsoil sponsors can weigh in with the definitive answer.

Originally Posted By: Amsoil
Paul;

For some reason Nissan recommends different filters for the 2 different body styles.

Is this true? At the dealer, do they recommend two different filters? Or does just Alldata recommend two filters?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Amsoil
Paul;

For some reason Nissan recommends different filters for the 2 different body styles.

Is this true? At the dealer, do they recommend two different filters? Or does just Alldata recommend two filters?

Here is what the dealer states...

Oil Filter (15208-65F0C)

Fits all Nissan 3.5 & 2.0 liter engines. And may be used in place on certain vehicles that use oil filter part number 15208-9E000.

This part fits the following vehicles:
Nissan: All Models 2000 - 2010

I use this same filter (15208-65F0C) on my 370Z as I do on my Maxima all sold from the parts counter at my local Nissan Dealer however according to Amsoil I can't do this.... Really strange. I spoke with my service manager today and he laughed they have installed several EAO12 filters and he had one sitting on his back shelf! At least I feel comfortable now and the dealer blessed it.

Last edited:
As I suspected - there ARE two part numbers - they just haven't closed the loop.

Amsoil gets their fitment recommendations from Alldata (I think that's the name of the company), they just go by an 'older book' sometimes.

I'll poke them some more.

Having re-read the OP's post, maybe this will help. If the 09 Maxima 3.5L is similar (or same) to 3.5L Altima that has been posted here(below), there likely could be mainly 3 filter sizes that could fit the 09 Maxima 3.5L. I'll relate it to the Purolator numbering system and cross to Wix.

The most common filter app (I've seen) for the 3.5L and 2.5L is the (Puro) 14610. That crosses to the Wix #51356. The 14610 is what I use on my 03 2.5L.

It is the longer version of the 14612(small/est filter), which is also recommended filter for many 2.5L.'s in the Wix that crosses to the #51365. On the Purolator application guide it is the recommended filter for the 09 Maxima. Wix does list one other app for the 09 Maxima, it's the #51358 and length/height wise it is between the 14612 and 14610.

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/reso...a&year=2009

Recently some members have been looking for a larger version of the common 14610 to use, including for a 3.5L Altima, same engine as the Maxima. For Purolator that larger app number is the 14459. In the Wix filter that crosses to 51334.

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/results.asp?PartNo=14459&Submit=Search
http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/PartDetail.asp?Part=51334

Below is a pic recently posted here of the filter mount on a 3.5L Altima wwhich allows fitment of the larger 14459, in addtion to others mentioned.. Here also is the thread discussing the 3.5L Altima engine filter apps. If the 14610 size or even the 14459 size have clearance, I would choose for either of those. After reading the linked thread below, maybe that will help you decide. That's if I didn't totally confuse you.
lol.gif
Hey, I tried. If you any more questions feel free to ask.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1832936&page=1

AltimaVQ35FilterMount.jpg

No problem, glad if it helped.

Wasn't aware myself until yesterday that WIX had a 4th size between (lengthwise) the Puro 14612 the 14610 for the 3.5L Maxima, that being the #51358.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back